Jambands.ca

what movies make you cry?

Tenenbaum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baraka

For me' date=' especially the scene where they crosscut the scenes of the commuters and the little chicks getting tagged and sent down the stainless steel chutes, all ending with the silent scream. [/quote']

thank you! i have been trying to find the title of that movie...niffer and i saw that scene somewhere and it has imprinted on us...i thoiught that it was from Koyaanisqatsi or one of it's variants...

Baraka0693.jpg

Never Cry Wolf

Although,the book is much better then the film,after reading Mowat's books (all three of which brought tears to the surface) 'Walking On The Land','The Desperate People' and 'The People of the Deer' and learning the fate of Farley's friend Ootek (amongst other Inuit) the story has a whole new meaning for me.A sad new meaning.

Never Cry Wolf reminds me of another tear jerker:

Ice Man! remember that one form the 80s? My eyes swell when I think of the Ice Man venturing towards doom while Timothy Hutton screams after him.

Another flick, Requiem For A Dream>> you know the scene at the end when the mother's getting zapped? rough!

oh yeah, and Cinema Paradiso where the town gathers to watch the demolition of the theater... excuse me while I fetch a tissue ;-(

Certain parts of the Last Waltz really choke me up. Especially when they show Rick Danko at the mixing console listening to 'Sip The Wine' from his first solo record, Scorsese really foreshadows his ultimate death or his brooding nature with this dark shot of Rick sitting quietly listening to his own music. Helpless of course, the single greatest version ever, is another moment.

I have to admit that Beaches was the first movie that I ever went to with a girl. First date ever and I bawled, she told all the guys at the private school I went to and I was mocked for two years about it.

I'll bite...I cried too while watching Titanic...for the fact that I coughed up the quid to sit through a 3 hour hollywood poop movie...or Pearl Harbour!!!...I've learned my lesson though :P

Just joking there phorbesie as we all have different tastes...I would never purposely make fun of someone's interests...

I have my movies that bring tears to my eyes but I'll never tell what they are :P