what movies make you cry?

Tenenbaum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One movie that made me teary-eyed was

Theremin: An Electronic Odyssey

It's about the guy who invented the Theremin.

Part documentary, part rockumentary, part espionage thriller, and part love story.

Leon Theremin lived in New York when he invented this bizarre musical instrument. He was subsequently kidnapped by the KGB and did not see his wife for over 50 years. The movie shows them meeting again when he finally got back to the US after being kidnapped. (That's the emotional part!)

The part of this movie that made me laugh was the interview with Brian Wilson.

Highly recommended.

Oh , jesus, The Notebook made me go to pieces ...

Magnolia

It's A Wonderful Life (the scene in Mr. Gower's drug store)

Hair (the end just ruins me)

Finding Neverland

In America

Whale Rider

AI

Finding Nemo (I admit it ...my wife says I cried during it, I'll take her word for it)

Moulin Rouge

Hedwig & The Angry Inch

Hannah & Her Sisters (the ending makes me cry happy)

Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants

Running On Empty

Hero

Contact

A whole bunch of others I can't think of right now ...

RnB

just a big ole mush pile

Edited by Guest

Why Rocky Is My Favourite Movie by velvet

Aside from the fact that Rocky was a low budget dream film written by an unknown actor who refused a huge payoff so he could star in it, the reason I think Rocky is the best movie ever is 'cuz it follows the story of a random insignificant man as he reaches the pinnicle of his life. The whole movie Rocky is falling in love with Adrian, and when he gets his shot at the title he realises he has no chance of winning. But if he can just go the distance...if he can still be standing when the final bell rings, well then he'll know he's not just some bum from the neighborhood - he'll have made his mark. And just when that happens, just when he succeeds at something that big, Adrian jumps in the ring and (after he asks "Where's your hat?" - fuck I love that line) they say they love each other for the first time and embrace. Rocky Balboa is now at the high point of his life, no matter what happens he'll never feel the high he's experiencing from going the distance and holding the woman he loves for the first real time, and just as he hugs her the screen freezes; a snapshot of The Moment.

Wow.

I think I'm gonna go watch it again - this time en espanol.

Baraka

For me' date=' especially the scene where they crosscut the scenes of the commuters and the little chicks getting tagged and sent down the stainless steel chutes, all ending with the silent scream. [/quote']

Oh Dave, I was just going to write that. The chicken part I cannot even bare to watch anymore. :( Poor little guys. What a beautiful film though. It still blows me away.

A bit off topic, but I've always maintained that if Microcosmos doesn't turn you on then there's not enough wrong with you for the likes of me.

Okay, that's it. I've got to see this. Lacey's been raving about this for months (and about Magnolia as well). I'm obsessed with butterflies!