Jambands.ca

Arrested Development Season Premiere Tonight!

MarcO

Tobias: Well, yes, but I’m afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, if you will, so now I’m afraid I have something of a mess on my hands.

Michael: There are just so many poorly chosen words in that sentence.

Pure gold....everything about this show is magical. The dead pan from our humble narrator Ron Howard was hilarious considering all of the twisted events from last night (Steve Holt!). Henry Winkler is great as lawyer Barry (Zuckercorn?); I love the scene from the first season where he does the Fonz pose while combing his hair in the washroom. Hell, they're all awesome characters...

Michael: Who’s Steve Holt?

Maeby: He’s just the hottest guy in school. And he’s won three years in a row. Every year after his first junior year.

Michael: So then, he’s more popular than George Michael?

Maeby: Well, that’s like comparing apples and some fruit nobody’s ever heard of.

G.O.B.: This kid’s popular? Looks like a chick I did once in high school.

G.O.B.: I don’t see you crying, robot. You taste these tears. Taste my sad, Michael.

Michael: I am not going to lick your eye, okay?

G.O.B.: Well, I will tell you this, Michael... I don’t have a son...

Narrator: He does.

G.O.B.: But if I ever do, I’m either going to take him to the cabin in the woods, or I’m going to promise to take him and then not take him. But the one thing that I will never do is not tell him that I’m taking him to a cabin in the woods, and then not take him!

Narrator: G.O.B. was growing up.

G.O.B.: But if I ever do, I’m either going to take him to the cabin in the woods, or I’m going to promise to take him and then not take him. But the one thing that I will never do is not tell him that I’m taking him to a cabin in the woods, and then not take him!

Yep, that's some classic GOB.

As for the narrator, I thought it was Daniel Stern. Then I realized that he did the voice of Kevin Arnold in the Wonder Years. I did not know that was Ron Howard. Wicked...

Enjoying Arrested Development is a full-time job!

For an amazing breakdown of the show go here. It'll blow your mind by revealing the layers of this comedy. For instance for last night's show we learn that G.O.B.’s yearbook entry under "Hopes to One Day" says "Go camping with my dad."

And then there is this:

http://www.imoscar.com/

Lindsay: Don’t buy! We did it, Mikey! We’re super rich again! And, I’m going to buy a car. The Volvo.

Michael: Lindsay, you’re not going to start spending money.

Michael: And this is not a Volv.. oh!

Lindsay: Oh, that’s from sitting on the copier.