Jambands.ca

Pirates against Caarghs! - this Thursday

Large Marge

Despite the fact that the City of Toronto has dropped the ball on Car Free Day (celebrated by over 100MM people in over 1,500 cities worldwide), the crazy kids of Kensington Market are planning to Take Back the Streets this Thursday, September 22nd (International Car Free Day) with an open invitation street party. They’ve already had a couple of musician’s practices and two float/costume building workshops with the last one being tonight.

In the spirit of yesterday’s Talk Like a Pirate Day, and keeping in mind how quick and simple the costumes can be (even for drunks and stoners!), I would like to invite you to join me, in your Swashbuckling best, as I take part in the festivities with a Skank Pirate Bike Brigade. YarBeDar! Quit that Caargh!

[color:blue]From Take Back the Streets:

Next Thursday, September 22nd is International Car Free Day and we're all getting together to celebrate! Pass the word along to all your fun-loving, bike-riding, city-dwelling, music-making friends, families, and email lists. Post it everywhere!

Thursday, September 22nd:

4:00 -- Meet at Bellevue Square Park in Kensington Market for preparations and Tea (Bring your own Tea).

5:30 -- Take back the streets! We will depart en masse on foot, on stilts, on bikes, on trikes, on boats, on floats, playing music, and dressed for the occasion...doing whatever you would do the day it was declared Streets are for People!

Bring along what you do best! Bring your band, your activist gang, your sweetheart, your friends. Join the ReEvolution Day Arkestra and together let's make this Car Free Day better than the plans the City cancelled. Got some new wild idea of some thing to bring along, and need help making it? We're holding WORKSHOPS to give you a hand. Bring ideas and materials, we have tools and helping hands.

WORKSHOPS:

Tuesday, September 20, 6:30-9:00pm at La Palette

Post back, PM or call if you'd like to join me for the party, or even if you'd like to hook up with us afterward for Car Free Day celebratory drinks. (416) 727-4927

Cheers,

Cap'n Large Marge McGee, slayer of smog.

dude1bg.gif

Thanks Mr.Slip, and Happy Car Free Day to you all!!!

I've got some killer signage and stickers and tons of extra swords and patches... come on down and join me in the storm on City Hall!!!

bilgesuckingsmall3wp.gif

"Parade" route will head down Spadina to Queen

and across to City Hall with meet ups in Grange Park and Nathan Phillip's Square should we get split up for any reason. Here's my cell number in case you want to join us en route (416) 727-4927

It should all wrap up by dark and with plenty of time to make it over to Hugh's Room for the Alarm show. Yippee!

cartoon.gif