Jambands.ca

OC Fare hikes...Dec 1...

rubberdinghy

whoa that's fuckin nuts. $3?!?!? what's it at now?

i'm soooo glad the Hamilton buses run on natural gas. which is something like 54 cents a litre. our fares are $2.10. get 5 tickets for $8.50 biatch. i'm lovin public tranportation. maybe i'll never get my car fixed.

You'd think perhaps the government wouldn't charge taxes on gas used for public transportation. at least with the municipal transit systems getting some coin from the gas tax soon they'll be able to buy new vehicles that run on biodiesel and the like. and extend service hours. it'd be nice to see transit run until 2:15 or 2:30 so people can leave the bars at closing time. i think that would increase ridership fo sho.

Public transit should try and encourage people to take buses to reduce polution but at 3.00$ they arent gonna. I also love how the 117 to Carleton is often full and it passes me and others which means we must walk 45 minutes to school and be late. They need to get more buses for that route.

Jake

Nope....the city still hasn't budged apparently...don't worry though...I heard 200 new drivers in the New Year....I think you are right Arcane but I think that contract is nearly up...and one more thing...The city screwed up large again...You know those fancy new buses we have...Well they are junk, there is a major problem with them and we are no longer allowed to drive them over 50km/h, and I'm not talking us driving them slow, they restricted them so that they cannot go over 51!! So that's 125 buses at $400,000 each that are fucked! PLUS!!! They are currently installing GPS into the buses so they always know where they are...oh and one more thing...they gotta pay us driver's MORE!!!

So that's why the increase!

D40i_Invero2.gif