Jambands.ca

Alton Brown article

bouche

Here is a great little article on one of our favourite, if not THE favourite, guy on Food TV. Alton Brown's show is a blast to watch, and I think if you aren't even interested in cooking, you may become interested just from watching his show. There are many mysteries in the kitchen, but the veil slowly folds away as you explore. Alton makes this happen even faster.

I still haven't got the nerve to create the Food forum in here, but I will soon. I just want to make sure that there are enough people that will help make it come alive.

Please participate in this poll to help visualize interest in such a forum.

Strange coincidence as I'm making Alton's Pork ribs at the moment (brine, dry rub, braise...it takes up most of your day which is a good hangover activity), and did his pan-seared ribeye yesterday. Big fan especially when his sceince helps to dispel some of the food myths you grow up with (i.e. you CAN wash mushrooms)

I would vote for a food forum

(i.e. you CAN wash mushrooms)

What does this mean???

There's a widely held belief that, to clean mushrooms, you shouldn't use water, because the mushrooms will absorb the water, and that'll be bad. Instead, a lot of people use a little mushroom-shaped brush to just "dust" of any dirt particles. Alton Brown has shown this to be a bogus belief: you can, indeed, subject mushrooms to a bath to clean them, with no ill effects.

Aloha,

Brad

i voted for the food forum,, i really like that michael smith guy on foodtv, just really jealous of his heady pantry, you name it and hes got 3 different ones in that fucking thing

Ms.Hux put our pantry in order last year with mason jars and labels. It was pure genious. I then was watching Chef at Home with her when I realized where the inspiration came from. thanks to him, we certainly experiment alot more these days.