Jambands.ca

Leafs Fans are Real hockey fans

Dave Eh

As with Cubs, BoSox, Chisox and Hartford Whalers fans we here in Leaf Nation are more hard core than any of you wannabes who cheer for "successful teams"!!!

It sure was easy to become a Habs fan in the late seventies amidst their 4 consecutive cups or with the sens and their 1st overall teams of late. Try and cheer for a team that you know will never win, that takes courage and undying devotion. Look what happens in Montreal or Ottawa when there teams even start to suck, empty seats. Here in tdot every game is sold out for ever. The leafs can charge what they want and we'll bitch about it while still trying to get a ticket.

So to all you leaf haters out there fuck off and enjoy your champagne while we here in Hogtown swill down a pint of luckey and reminise about the good ole Ballard years..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leaf fans suck!!!!!!!!!!! Already fucking griping about their shitty team....Most hardcore sens fans have been there from the beginning...We had one of the, if not the, worst expansion teams EVER, and we stuck it out!! Did you ever think the ACC is sold out due to the fact that Toronto's population is 4 times that of Ottawa's? Just goes to show you how horrendous the Leafs are at scouting and managing thier team.

Did you ever think the ACC is sold out due to the fact that Toronto's population is 4 times that of Ottawa's

...not to mention that the ACC is always 90% full of suits (with free corporate tickets) who are too busy buying $12 beer to even bother paying attention to the game or standing up to cheer. I was never a full on Leafs hater, but that whole thing kinda bugs me.

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

You know how hard it was being a Habs fan in the 90's? Besides the Cup in '93, there really wasn't much to brag about as a fan.

Remember the whole Mario Tremblay/Rejean Houle fiasco?? I had to watch one of the best goalies in history get humiliated by his coach on Hockey Night in Canada... you think was easy?

But Habs games were religiously sold out, and unfit players were unreligiously chased out of town, and the media was there to dig up every dirty little detail.

Dude I shared season tickets the first year at the Civic Centre and liked the Sens but was still a Leaf fan...

yeah toronto is bigger and thats why leaf fans buy all the tickets to leaf games in Ottawa and every other nhl city. We are everywhere even when our team has no playoff hopes.

We love hockey and winning would be a bonus but not a necessity.

Go Leafs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you ever think the ACC is sold out due to the fact that Toronto's population is 4 times that of Ottawa's?

I bet if you surveyed the fans at the ACC 65-70% come from outside of Toronto to see a game...ever tried to get on the Go Train or DVP after a game?? its crazy...I was a Leaf fan till my cousin in law Chris Broadhurst got fucked over by John Ferguson...the Leafs dont respect their fans or their personel...hockey is just like everything else in the world now...its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by Guest

...not to mention that the ACC is always 90% full of suits (with free corporate tickets) who are too busy buying $12 beer to even bother paying attention to the game or standing up to cheer. I was never a full on Leafs hater, but that whole thing kinda bugs me.

... and add to that the fact that 100's are always empty for the first 5 minutes of every period. When you care that much about hockey, I guess you don't need to rush back to your seat.

Did you ever think the ACC is sold out due to the fact that Toronto's population is 4 times that of Ottawa's

That's why all the real Leaf fans have to wait until they play in Buffalo. It's like a home game for them.

[color:purple]Yep they're hardocre "real Fans" alright...heres an example:

I was at the Leafs/Bruins pre-season game in Hamilton the other week,now me & my buddys are all Bruins fans,so we end up sitting behind a few leafs fans,nothing unusual so far,anyway,in front of them were some young kids from a hockey team,probally 12 of them,13 or 14 years old,all wearing Bruins gear and cheering on the Bruins.Well by the middle of the second period these chumps in front of us were so drunk on beers they decided they would start harrassing these kids,name calling,swearing,insulting them..we sat there and watched this,then one of these chumps decides to pour his half beer over one of the kids who kept ignoring them first of all & yelling louder them,this started a whole bunch of drama resulting in these mid twenties leaf fans pushing & threatening these kids,so myself & a couple other buddies speak up & ask why they don't start somthing with us....they told us to mind our business,my buddy John says thats his little brother (not really though) they poured the beer on & if he wants to fight anyone then go him....things got quiet & two of them wandered off...heres what they did.

They (leaf fans) went & got the police & we had to leave 5 minutes into the third for threatening them,they were also ejected from what we were told,but not until closer to the end of the game after numerous complaints about harassing those kids (yet again).

[color:purple]Now thats hardcore real hockey fans.

[color:purple]Yep they're hardocre "real Fans" alright...heres an example:

I was at the Leafs/Bruins pre-season game in Hamilton the other week,now me & my buddys are all Bruins fans,so we end up sitting behind a few leafs fans,nothing unusual so far,anyway,in front of them were some young kids from a hockey team,probally 12 of them,13 or 14 years old,all wearing Bruins gear and cheering on the Bruins.Well by the middle of the second period these chumps in front of us were so drunk on beers they decided they would start harrassing these kids,name calling,swearing,insulting them..we sat there and watched this,then one of these chumps decides to pour his half beer over one of the kids who kept ignoring them first of all & yelling louder them,this started a whole bunch of drama resulting in these mid twenties leaf fans pushing & threatening these kids,so myself & a couple other buddies speak up & ask why they don't start somthing with us....they told us to mind our business,my buddy John says thats his little brother (not really though) they poured the beer on & if he wants to fight anyone then go him....things got quiet & two of them wandered off...heres what they did.

They (leaf fans) went & got the police & we had to leave 5 minutes into the third for threatening them,they were also ejected from what we were told,but not until closer to the end of the game after numerous complaints about harassing those kids (yet again).

[color:purple]Now thats hardcore real hockey fans.

Don't be painting all hardcore Leaf fans with that brush. I'm usually hiding under the seat with embarassement :wink:

I was going to write a detailed post explaining why Leaf fans are so messed up. The more I thought about the more depressed I became on the whole subject. The pain they must endure year after year. The hopeless expectations, the denial. Some of the smartest people I know are Leaf fans. I figure the fact that they cheer for the Leafs counter balances the great intellect they have been given. What else could it be?

So I will not attack the poor Leaf fans today. Rather I offer them my support and a hug. I am truly sorry Leaf fans.

May you miss the playoffs in peace.

Brad

You know what's awesome?

The fact that you guys care more about hating on the Leafs then you do about cheering for your own team.

Now THAT"S depressing...

Its just a sport,I played for years but I have other things in life to take seriously.But I produced an actual fact to why I give the leafs fans a thumbs down,not the team.I'm a Bruins fan.Nothing more needs said.

I cheer for my team everytime I watch or listen to them play,just because I don't go off about them on a messegeboard requiring reassurence from others in no ways means I don't cheer for them,quite the opposite actually.

Although,I don't make excuses for them either when they lose or get slammed/criticized by others nor do I call people names over it or take offence to it when people do slam them,unlike some folks.

You know what's awesome?

The fact that you guys care more about hating on the Leafs then you do about cheering for your own team.

What's even more awesome is that you can't see the Go Sens Go and Go Habs Go threads. Typical. A blind Leaf fan. You and Dave Andrews add to our perfect generalization.

5 ways to beat the Leafs:

5 - The left side consists of Tucker, Belak, Kilger and Ponikarovsky. Let them beat themselves.

4 - Have fans hold up pictures of Scott Stevens whenever Lindros or Allison are on the ice.

3 - Just wear Flyers or Hurricanes sweaters for a period.

2 - Their blue line consists of Aki Berg, Tomas Kaberle, Bryan McCabe, Alexander Khavano, Staffan Kronwall and Carlo Colaiacovo. Let them beat themselves.

1 - 1967.