Jambands.ca

Bush speaks of divine instruction on terror.

Deeps

Does this f'ng cowboy have any idea what democracy is? I'm sure his handlers just shudder when he's quoted as saying things like this.

Pretty tight logic, really - America is rhetorically ordained by God to be a light unto the nations, they elect their favourite bozo by divine fiat (leaving aside the fact that he wasn't actually elected to begin with), and he frames whatever he does as an expression of all that collective godly will, private and collective. And anyone who disagrees with the whole setup can be arrested or otherwise marginalised. Easy!

Sounds sorta like a Roman Empire, but without the Vestal Virgins.

The idiot is really crazy, and has taken upon himself to fulfill a profecy made in the Koran;

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

Just like reading the bible and deciding what parts to take seriously. He probably thinks that he is this fearsome eagle, and that this verse in the Koran is justification enough for his war on "terrorism".

It truly scares me that people like that exist.

Guest Low Roller
Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

Sorry, but that quote is a total fabrication. Here is the real passage from the Koran:

"[9.11] But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know"

The idiot is really crazy, and has taken upon himself to fulfill a profecy made in the Koran;

Just like reading the bible and deciding what parts to take seriously. He probably thinks that he is this fearsome eagle, and that this verse in the Koran is justification enough for his war on "terrorism".

It truly scares me that people like that exist.

while a totally agree that shrub is a crackpot, i think that the koran quote you quoted was " snoped " as an urban myth. i found a searchable koran site and it claims that the section you quoted is was less interesting :)

[9.11] But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.

Tim, look up ;) !

I wish the stories I find on the internet weren't so evanescent. I just tried doing a search on this guy, who'd made a little splash a while back, and all I found was this:

"I have a problem with violence as well, but we also have to be realistic. Peace sometimes just cannot be found and sometimes you have to show your muscle."

Capt. Richard Compton, an Army chaplain with the 101st Airborne Division, who distributed Bibles with a human skull and bat wings on the cover.

Tim, look up ;) !

I wish the stories I find on the internet weren't so evanescent. I just tried doing a search on this guy, who'd made a little splash a while back, and all I found was this:

"I have a problem with violence as well, but we also have to be realistic. Peace sometimes just cannot be found and sometimes you have to show your muscle."

Capt. Richard Compton, an Army chaplain with the 101st Airborne Division, who distributed Bibles with a human skull and bat wings on the cover.

he's not all bad :)

I'd like to have hoped that following groups like Concerned Women for America , Family Research Council , Focus on the Family , or The Rutherford Institute for a decade would have thickened my skin a bit, but, no. Blessing and curse sort of thing, I guess :P. If I'd have known where all that shit was going at the time... meh, never mind. Who'd have thought these idiots would have ever come into so much power?

Guest Low Roller
Sorry, I was given the quote by my uncle (who is in the armed forces), I did not think his quote would be bogus, and I don't have a copy of the Koran to double check, oops.

Not to slander your uncle or anything, but I would never trust the armed forces as a reliable source on anything, ESPECIALLY on cultural issues.

Sorry, I was given the quote by my uncle (who is in the armed forces), I did not think his quote would be bogus, and I don't have a copy of the Koran to double check, oops.

and sorry back at you...not at all meaning to take a shot at you, i heard this one a while back and it sounds eerily believable.

thank jeebus for snopes.com!!

Some humans ain't human

Some people ain't kind

You open up their hearts

And here's what you'll find

A few frozen pizzas

Some ice cubes with hair

A broken Popsicle

You don't want to go there

Some humans ain't human

Though they walk like we do

They live and they breathe