Jambands.ca

Bob Weir is a sad pathetic drunkard......

MarcO

cruising off his dead colleagues' songs.

Just to be clear:

1) Weir has only being playing Garcia's tunes with Ratdog in the last 3 or so years.

2) When he plays these songs live with Ratdog he does not make $$ from them.

3) Since he started playing more Garcia songs his crowd sizes have not increased, thus no extra $$ from ticket sales from playing his dead colleagues songs.

4) Bob has written a substantial portion (the 2nd largest share by far) of the GD repetoire, and makes most of his $$ from royalties from HIS songs on CD and DVD releases, - not his dead colleagues, (at least no more than any other ex-GD member).

5) Who arguably is really "cruising off his dead colleagues' songs"? - let's see, what other former GD member cruises around the country with his band playing a MAJORITY of Garcia tunes in his shows because he wrote a miniscule amount of material while in the GD?? - we all know the answer to that.

But people dig it, and that's their choice, but there's the facts.

And I know MarcO was kidding with the original post, so that was more for Willy's benefit, who's probably dancing naked to 5.8.77 Jack Straw as we speak ;)

I was just kidding. Every member of the Grateful Dead, be it Pigpen, Constanten, the Godchauxs, Garcia or Welnick, is a hero to me.

I have no interest in going to see Ratdog, or Phil & Friends for that matter (unless they toured with Ryan Adams) but good luck to them.