Friday, Nov. 11

KING SUNSHINE

w/ The IDIOTS!

& DJ Marcus Pandero

www.kingsunshine.com

El Mocambo

$10 10PM

KING SUNSHINE

Digging beneath the surface of a multifaceted mix of genres, King Sunshine delivers what people have been longing for; music with substance, music that recognizes its disco roots, music that pushes the boundaries in an attempt to reinvent house music and take it to a new exciting level. Sweet keys, heart pounding drums, heavy bass, smooth guitar, intense electronics, percussion, tight horns and soulful vocals make up King Sunshine. With this eclectic blend of Deep Funk, Techno, House, Soul, Jazz, Disco and Afro feel driven by a constant four to the floor, KS defines a fresh new sound.

King Sunshine has created a style that is widely appreciated by many in the music industry, landing them on stage with some of house music's finest DJs, including Theo Parrish, Sneak, Mark Farina, Derrick Carter, Ron Trent, Little Louis Vega, Jason Palma and New Jerseys soul man Kenny Bobien to name a few.

King Sunshine has performed at The Montreal Jazz festival, Toronto¹s Esteemed Downtown Jazz festival and at Toronto¹s Harbor Front Festival as well as major venues throughout South Central/Eastern Canada. People have described their concerts as "a powerful, unforgettable, rhythmic experience"

Look forward to their New Release “Angels in Heaven†due out on Westend Records this Winter.

www.kingsunshine.com

VIDEO:

KING SUNSHINE LIVE MPEG

AUDIO:

KING SUNSHINE - Disco's Revenge.mp3

KING SUNEHINE Dirty Disco.mp3

KING SUNSHINE Let it go.mp3

KING SUNSHINE LIVE Montreal Sampler.mp3

KING SUNSHINE new studio project My Love.mp3

IDIOTS!

With strong songwriting and crafted melody, Idiots! mesh vocals, electric bass and guitar with synthesizers and drum loops. Idiots! welcomes the friendship between electronic sounds and sounds with organic origin. the sound can be described as strands of simplicity holding up a puppet with complex thoughts and emotions.

http://www.idiotsonline.ca

DJ Marcus Pandero (Parts Unknown) :: deep funk and party sounds

i reallllly dug these guys last weekend, but last time i saw them, pre last weekend, they had a woman singin for the,, now they have a dude? and he aint as good as the chickadee was...

but the percussion jams between tracks are what keeps me going, that perc player is fucking TIGHT