Jambands.ca

The new NHL.

peipunk

To briefly agree with you Jaimoe, I also detest diving. I've seen a few very questionable roughing calls, but I think that most of the hooking and slashing calls I've seen have been justified; even if a slash is a tap, why would your stick be anywhere but on the puck? I always hated that shit.

I agree its made for a more offensive game, but at the cost of a good defensive game.

I'm going to agree with Esau's point. Although on Sat. night, the 1-0 Calgary - Vancouver game was far more entertaining than the sluggish Toronto - Tampa one.

I'm all for calling all the obstruction (a hook is a hook, a hold is a hold), but defensemen need to be able to move forwards out of the slot. A cross-check to the upper back is not ok, but they should be allowed to use some muscle.

I was looking at some old sens names the other day, trying to remember who was on the team when I started following them in about '95. Some old blasts from the past were:

Radim Bicanek

Randy Cunneyworth (can't believe I'd forgotten him!)

Jarmo Kekalainen

Lance Pitlick

Dennis Vial

Ahh, those were some dry times. At least I wasn't a fan in the early 90s though!