Jambands.ca

Ghostbusters 3?

badams

Ben Stiller is being lined up to star in a new 'Ghostbusters' movie.

The comic actor is wanted for the long-awaited third instalment of the popular '80s film series by the film's director Harold Ramis.

Ramis admits he is such a "huge fan" of Stiller's work he wants him to join actors Dan Aykroyd and Rick Moranis, who both starred in the original movies opposite Bill Murray, in the sequel 'Ghostbusters In Hell'.

Aykroyd is writing the script for the film which will see the paranormal investigators transported to a parallel dimension from New York.

Ramis revealed: "When the Ghostbusters step out of this portal, it looks just like New York but it's hell.

"No cars are moving and all the drivers are swearing at each other in different foreign languages. All the worst things about modern urban life - just magnified."

It is not yet known if Murray will reprise his role as Dr. Peter Venkman in the new movie or whether Sigourney Weaver will appear again as his love interest, Dana Barrett.

The Canadian Press BANG Media International

I heard an interview with Rick Moranis and Shelagh Rogers where he was saying he quit acting 10 years ago because it was boring, and he doesn't want to do it anymore. So I'll be really suprised if he shows up in Ghostbusters 3.

He just put out a bluegrass album too.

AD

I hope this movie doesnt get made. Hey, I could sound optimistic, but I aint.

My sentiments exactly. This one certainly didn't need a sequel as the first one did it all. We were laughing our asses off just two days ago while talking about Rick Moranis's character in the original...jeebus he was funny...

Ted! Annette! I'm glad you could come, how you doin', give me your coats. Everybody, this is Ted and Annette Fleming! Ted has a small carpet cleaning business in receivership; Annette's drawing a salary from a deferred bonus from two years ago! They got fifteen thousand left on the house at eight percent.

I love that introduction :P

damn - it's been 10 years since rick was acting? seems like just yesterday he was hit by a train....

He said 10 years in the interview but I checked IMDB and his last acting role was a 1997 release date, so probably 1996 acting, but he's done steady voice work through the late 90s til now it seems.

ad

I :sniff: love that movie!

Dr. Egon Spengler: Vinz, you said before you were waiting for a sign. What sign are you waiting for?

Louis: Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

(Dont make me do this all day, I beg of you.)

Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.

Dr. Peter Venkman: What?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?

Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.

Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean "bad"?

Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously, and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Dr. Raymond Stantz: Total protonic reversal!

Dr. Peter Venkman: Right, that's bad. Okay, alright, important safety tip, thanks Egon.

Guest Low Roller

Dr Ray Stantz: You know, it just occurred to me that we really haven't had a successful test of this equipment.

Dr. Egon Spengler: I blame myself.

Dr. Peter Venkman: So do I.

Dr Ray Stantz: Well, no sense in worrying about it now.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back.

Hey, Booche, could you give us some good quotes from either of the Ghostbusters movies? I could read those all day.

Sure thing Brad...........make sure you also help out Roller. Hahahahahaha, I love all of these.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?

Dr. Egon Spengler: That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.

Guest Low Roller

[Dana has described seeing a terror dog in her refrigerator]

Dr. Peter Venkman: Generally you don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance.

Dr. Raymond Stantz: Good evening. As a duly designated representative of the City, County, and State of New York, I order you to cease any, and all, supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.

Dr. Peter Venkman: That ought to do it. Thanks very much, Ray.

Guest Low Roller

[Dana is possessed]

Dr. Peter Venkman: So, what are we doing today, Zuul?

Dana Barrett: We must prepare for the coming of Gozer.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Gozer?

Dana Barrett: The Destructor.

[long pause]

Dr. Peter Venkman: Are we still going out?

Guest Low Roller
Winston Zedmore: Ray, when someone asks you if you are a GOD you say YES!!

Boo!! Repeat!!

Dr Ray Stantz: I think we'd better split up.

Dr. Egon Spengler: Good idea.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Yeah... we can do more damage that way.