Jambands.ca

RC: Humming Drives You Crazy

MarcO

My co-worker - who sits right next to me - is a wonderful person and I love her but she hums, vigorously! I find myself wanting to kill either myself or her, I'm not sure who yet.

We have the radio on but she's humming her own semi-tune. It is actually more like two-tone grunting and monosyllabic utterances, not even a tune.

Her humming is distracting me from the voices in my head.

Sometimes I think I would like to be launched into a permanent orbit around the earth, happy and alone.

I'm not a people person.

I feel like I have it worst. Mine verbalizes EVERYTHING he is doing. Pick any mindless task, walk through the steps in your head to completion.

Imagine saying it aloud. Fuck, I want to kill him when that is going on. Right now he is eating like my cat. Head down, nothing fazes him. Makes little cat-like noises too. I might go scratch his lower back so he gives me that 'Iso happy' face.

I cant imagine what he hates about me. It must make him completely insane. That and the smell.

the woman beside me hums, grunts, talks loudly to colleagues who sit 30 feet away from her and makes this tea that smells exactly like a campfire

she also uses a kettle in her cubicle despite knowing full-well that it's a fire hazard

mind boggling

AND if that's not enough last week she called up the Helpdesk to complain that her new and expensive keyboard wasn't working. 10 mintues of conversation later she tells them, "Oh yes I spilled water on it yesterday afternoon, do you think that might be why it's not working?"

I think she has an MA in some sort of science field

holy fack it's bad in here today. someone just heated up some kinda fish and i sit right near the microwave

construction guys banging and crashing away, erecting some walls or something, also right nearby

my slip show (11-11-05) isn't quite loud enough to drown it all out. too bad i don't have any southern rock, maybe a band that's comparable to the allman bros to listen to. i'm sure that would do the trick

not so much humming but sometimes the humming, but i absolutely cannot stand working with who i work with in the trace dept, she drives me INSANE with the chatter and the stupid Qs constantly

today i told her to fuck off, and she hasnt said a thing again, so hopefully i found the golden ticket per say

why dont you guys try out a good old under-the-breath FUCK OFF i mean SHIT! seriously! just fuck off and leave me be damnit!!

Fuck' date=' our office has been infiltrated by 3 Christmas carol devices -- a couple of snowmen and a cat. And apparently it's big laughs to set one off outside someone's cubicle and then make a dash for it. I got 6 weeks of this shit!!

[/quote']

tell bouche to grow up

No, Mike has been good to me today. He brought me leftovers for lunch! I think I want to marry him.

I now have the image of ollie in a '70s-style wide-lapel pastel-coloured tuxedo, with bouche beside him in a white dress, holding a bouqet of flowers, but with a strangely bulging midsection, standing at an altar...

Edit to add: And, of course, they're both humming either The Wedding March, or The Chicken Dance...

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest
Add some on-topic-ness.

can someone please photoshop bradm's fantasy into reality?

thank you.

edit to add: this post has made me laugh so hard, and very thankful that i work for the most part, by myself. i only have to deal with speaking broken english to someone when they're here. but if they're here all day, i go home thinking in broken english.

Edited by Guest