Jambands.ca

Music DVD's

Diggzz

Hey folks, lookin to get some help on live music DVD's. Trying to add to my collection a bit, in particular I am looking for any Allman Brothers stuff (older stuff, with Dickie, anything) also what are the best Grateful Dead DVD's, anything else along those lines.

What are the best ones you lot have discovered lately?

Muchly appreciated.

Right now I am watching "Rust Never Sleeps" gettin pumped for classic albums live tonight.

Guest Low Roller

I didn't like Allmans at Great Woods. It's very hit and miss, and the band looks completely out of it like they were binging on alcohol and crack for days before the show.

I'd recommend:

- Led Zeppelin DVD

- Blind Melon: Letters from a Porcupine

- The Bonnaroo DVDs are fun

- White Stripes: Under Blackpool Lights

- Pink Floyd: Live at Pompei

- Stevie Ray Vaughan: Live @ El Mocambo

Nice I saw the Beacon one, gonna have to check it out, never even though of The Who, that's now on the list...

Both Who DVD's that I mentioned are in DTS audio.

Also worth checking out: The Complete Jimi Hendrix @ Woodstock - it just came out last week. It's 5.1 audio.

If you have the dough, the Criterion Collection release of Monterey Pop Festival kicks ass. 3-discs; one being unreleased performances and another of Jimi and Otis Redding's sets in DTS.

A must own is The Rolling Stones Rock & Roll CIrcus: The Stones shelved this made-for-tv concert because The Who blew them off the stage back in 1967 - the 2nd best Who performace I've seen on video - the best is Young Man Blues from The Isle Of Wight.

The Circus was released on video and CD five or more years ago and was released on DVD last year:

B000621484.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Note: The Dirty Mac do a version of Yer Blues, which I think is better than the original. The Dirty Mac were: John Lennon on guitar and vocals; Eric Clapton lead guitar; Keith Richards on bass; Mitch Mitchell on drums.

Jethro Tull has Toni Iommi on guitar.

Taj Mahal raises the fucking roof too.

Edited by Guest

I MUST AGREE WITH THE ZAPPA, THERE IS A NEW ONE CALLED THE DUB ROOM SPECIAL SOME SERIOUS DUELINg between zappa and vai.

Just got:

Floyd 66/67 tripped out

Blind Melon LIVE @ The Metro is fucking unbelievable

Les Claypool DVD not quite sure what its called but has some stuff spanning throughout his career in cluding Oysterhead.

Trey and Santana

Stevie Ray Vaughan @ Montreux

Primus Hallucinogenetics

The Syd Barret and Pink Floyd Story

RISING LOW - ALL BASS PLAYERS, FUCK MUSICIANS NEED THIS DVD WOW, you can watch it soooo many times.

Thats my two cents

The following are all excellent:

The Ramones - End of The Century - great documentary

Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio

various - Concert For George

The Grateful Dead Movie

Motorhead - Boneshaker 25+alive

Return to Sin City - Gram Parsons tribute concert

Drive By Truckers - Live at the 40 Watt

Wilco - I Am Tring To break Your Heart

Love - The Forever Changes Concert

Concert For Bangladesh

Rush - R30 (out this Tuesday, it's honestly fantastic and I am not a fan)