Jambands.ca

Anybody interested in Slammin Jack in Ottawa in Jan.?

bradm

Slammin Jack, from Vancouver, is hitting the road in the new year (I think to support a new album), and doing gigs in Southern Ontario. They don't, however, have a gig set up for Ottawa. The last time they played here was Wednesday, March 31, 2004 (download it here), and, well, the turnout wasn't great. ISTR there being fewer than 10 people at the show; it was one of those best-show-nobody-ever-saw nights.

They have a date free in their schedule, namely Saturday, Jan 28. If an Ottawa show could be set up, would it be worth their while to play here? The "slammin" part of their name is apt: they bust out serious music, with great songwriting, kiler musicianship, and some great jams.

I think that if there was expected to be a decent turnout, and maybe with some postering done from our end, it could be a really good night for us/them, but I'm a little leery after their previous show. (I realize a Saturday show will usually draw better than a Wednesday show, but it's still possible it could be disappointing.)

Your thoughts would be appreciated. I'd hope we could set the show up with a local act, if that adds to the draw.

Aloha,

Brad

At least Inglewood Jack Merchandising hasn't pulled all their shows off the Archive... (I see Slammin Jack has a couple up there too).

[color:purple]I have it from a source close to the band that Inglewood Jack has been in some very serious talks with their record company about whether or not they can keep their shows on archive.org. So far so good, but there may be some conflicts when they release their entire catalogue of live shows as actual records for purchase.

:)

This double Jack bill would be great. Inglewood is a great band!

On the subject of East support.

Slammin Jack and What the Thunder Said ---

Thursday, Jan 26 2006

Peterborough, ON

@ the Underdog

Apparently Slammin Jack were spawned in Guelph. Rich tells me they're quite excited about the return to Ontario. Let's show 'em some love.

Deeps