Jambands.ca

Queen playing Toronto 03/16/06

Basher

Queen USA Tour News On Pollstar!

''They Will Rock You''

''Champions of anthemic rock, Queen + Paul Rodgers - have announced a 23-date tour of the U.S. and Canada in the spring.''

''The official word comes just a few weeks after Queen and Rodgers played two sold-out shows at The Meadowlands, N.J., and the Hollywood Bowl on a stop-off along the way to their recent sold out Japanese tour.''

''Away from the North America concert circuit for more than two decades - a forced retirement caused by the death of lead singer Freddie Mercury - Queen + Paul Rodgers will launch a coast-to-coast tour March 3 at American Airlines Arena in Miami.''

''The arena tour will closely re-route the band's '82 North American trek, playing Washington D.C., New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Seattle, and Portland, among other U.S. cities, plus Canadian stops in Toronto and Vancouver, where the tour winds up on April 13.''

''Tickets for the earliest shows go on sale starting December 3 with on-sale dates staggered through December 17.''

''For the spring 2006 tour, Brian May (guitar & vocals), Roger Taylor (drums & vocals) and Paul Rodgers (vocals, guitar & piano) will be joined by Danny Miranda, ex-Blue Oyster Cult on bass, Jamie Moses, former Brian May band member on second guitar, and Spike Edney, long-time Queen sideman on keyboards.''

Date City, ST Venue

Fri 03/03/06 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena

Sun 03/05/06 Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville Veterans Mem. Arena

Tue 03/07/06 Duluth, GA Arena at Gwinnett Center

Thu 03/09/06 Washington, DC MCI Center

Fri 03/10/06 Worcester, MA DCU Center

Sun 03/12/06 Uniondale, NY Nassau Coliseum

Tue 03/14/06 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Spectrum

Thu 03/16/06 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

Fri 03/17/06 Buffalo, NY HSBC Arena

Mon 03/20/06 Pittsburgh, PA Mellon Arena

Tue 03/21/06 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena

Thu 03/23/06 Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena

Fri 03/24/06 Auburn Hills, MI Palace Of Auburn Hills

Sun 03/26/06 Saint Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center

Mon 03/27/06 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center

Fri 03/31/06 Glendale, AZ Glendale Arena

Sat 04/01/06 San Diego, CA Cox Arena

Mon 04/03/06 Anaheim, CA Arrowhead Pond

Wed 04/05/06 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose

Fri 04/07/06 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena

Mon 04/10/06 Seattle, WA KeyArena at Seattle Center

Tue 04/11/06 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena

Thu 04/13/06 Vancouver, BC PNE / Pacific Coliseum

Sources:

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=6483

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=All&Content=queen+paul+rodgers&go_green.x=7&go_green.y=12

hehe, i totally forgot i was posting in a Queen thread with that... hehe. take that, bitches.

from a Mojo article, Spring 2005:

BUT WHEN FREDDIE Mercury died in 1991, barring the following year's tribute concert, Deacon considered Queen to be at an end, went into retirement and largely seemed to withdraw from public life. He sporadically played bass on record and live with Taylor and May's separate projects, as well as being one of the occasional members of former Queen keyboard player Spike Edney's SAS Band. "I am mainly involved with looking after the childred at home," he said of his current activities back in 1996. Deacon ramains a dedicated family man, despite recent allegations in the Mail On Sunday of a friendship with a lap dancer four years ago. The bass player and his wife, Veronica, celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary in January this year and live in South-west London with their five sons and one daughter.

Deacon sightings are infrequent, and he is usually notable only by his absence. He was reportedly not present at Brian May and Anita Dobson's wedding in 2000, and shuns award ceremonies that honour his former band. Much to Deacon watchers' chagrin, a rumoured appearance on TV's Through The Keyhole turned out to be entirely without substance. In typically unpredictable fashion, though, John broke cover to attend a party for the internet gossip site Popbitch in 2001. In the same year, The Sun reported that he was displeased with the version of We Will Rock You( We Are The Champions), recorded with Robbie Williams for the movie A Knight's Tale. "I didn't want to be involved with it and I'm glad [that I wasn't]," he is alleged to have said. "I've heard what they did and it's rubbish."

Deacon exhibits a similar level of enthusiasm for other Queen projects, choosing not to involve himself in either the band's musical, We Will Rock You, or the reunion tour. Certainly, he doesn't need the money. Last year's sunday Times Rich List placed him 777th with 50 pounds million, a position he shares with Roger Taylor.

"John really has retired," said Taylor in 2003. "He doesn't like going out. He wrote us a letter in which he said, I fully endorse whatever you are doing and you have my wholehearted support but I don't want to be involved. John doesn't really enjoy other people's company."

On his website, Brian May was recently moved to pass comment. While fans speculated on the bassist's absence and as Queen 2005 gears up to go on the road with all the attendant media madness, May agreed the stoic presence of the man briefly known as Deacon John will be sorely missed.

queen tour? maybe inxs and the doors: the next generation can open. ;)

Don't forget The Who and all the rest of the "there's still at least one original member left so we can tour under the original name" bands that are out there... Maybe Mike Gordon can get a couple of session players together and tour as Phish...

Get ready for CRAZY ticket prices...

Air Canada Centre proudly presents

QUEEN & PAUL RODGERS

Thursday, March 16, 2006 at 8:00pm

Your Premium On-sale Details

Start: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:00am

Close: Thursday, December 1, 2005 12:00pm

Ticket Prices: $132.75 - $198.75 (+handling fees)

All this time' date=' I haven't heard anybody comment on your avatar.....well, for the record, I think its great.[/quote']

I'm a big fan too. I will be disappointed when I finally meet AD and he does not look like Freddie.

You too, eh? :D!

And yes, those ticket prices are whacked. Freddie's dead, Deacon's on hiatus, and Brian May, for as brilliant and innovative a guitarist as he is, should probably be touring, say, Barrymore's or the Elmo, not major stadiums, and could be much better appreciated there.

Edited by Guest