Jambands.ca

Happy 40th to My Favorite Album by My Favorite Band!

MarcO

RubberSoulUK.jpg

Yup, this is the one for me folks. An important album in every respect, here is exactly the point where the Beatles turned the corner from being extremely talented musicians in the midst of an international pop phenomenon to Extremely Important Musicians On The Cusp Of a Major International Cultural Revolution.

Their career had built at a dizzying pace since the release of their first album “Please Please Me’ three years earlier. With their first extended break in the fall of 1965, they had the chance to rest and reflect on the cultural winds blowing through what would soon be Swinging London. Dylan, marajuana, eastern influences, fashion, art – they had traveled worlds away from the be-suited mop-tops in their Ed Sullivan show glory and this album reflects those changes, propelled by the momentum of their earlier recordings, and foreshadowing the total LSD-fueled psychedeia of the years to some. With each of it’s 14 perfect songs (UK version), it puts paid to the rootin-tootin’ rock band that had found their feet in Hamburg and suggests a deeper sense of what pop music could, and would, be. Nudging aside the “boy meets girl†love songs, enter the Dylan-esque wordplay of “Norwegian Wood†and the hippie premonition of “The Wordâ€, signposts to new space indeed, and surely mindblowers for the teenie-boppers. Country, pop, rock, R&B, french love songs, folk, eastern influences – they’re all here, in this remarkable album.

If you haven’t listened to it for a while, do yourself a favour and put it on again.

Rubber Soul was released in the UK on December 3, 1965 and in America three days later.

You better you stupid fuck.

Well I was the one who won the nearly $24 million from Lotto 6/49. I was going to ask you if you wanted to go on a global journey to all the historic Beatles related landmarks. But if you are going to act like that with me, I guess I'll have to invite someone else.

Tim

WHY AREN'T YOU CLEANING YOUR APARTMENT?!?!?!?

Because after I won the $24 million I just hired a maid to do that for me.

Also I think I will be moving into a bigger place soon, as I think I can afford it now. But then I better make sure I don't blow the whole amount on concerts next year first ;)

Tim

I'm free for a world tour.

Sorry Velvet, I actually didn't win nearly $24 million from Lotto 6/49. I was just trying to point out to Marc to try and be nice always as you never know what might happen in life.

Though Marc is a smart young man and he is right to give me crap about my apartment, I'm surprised he found his way out of my place the other night he was over here without bread crumbs.

Tim

MarcO, as I have said to you many times before, there is no right answer when it comes to picking your favorite album by the Beatles.

Though without a doubt 'Rubber Soul' is a great choice as a favorite.

Bringing up Lotto 6/49 before, which BTW I have never played, I have come to the conclusion that listening to the Beatles is like playing the lottery. But when people listen to the Beatles everyone is a winner.

Tim

PS I can not believe I just wrote that, let alone pressed [Add Post]