Jambands.ca

Harvard Mouse Kitchener Wed. Dec. 28

mark tonin

As an addition to the above post, we will be starting the "adult show" at 9 p.m. or shortly after, which hopefully makes it more reasonable for people that have to work on Thursday to make it out for at least part of the show.

As well, although I haven't heard officially back from Organic Groove re: drumming at this show, there are some people bringing hand drums to this show, so my guess is that a drum circle will break out at least once during the course of the night. So bring a hand drum tonight if you're into it!

As well, we do have some guest musicians playing tonight ... one of them is Lucas Stagg. He will be playing a short set of music between two of our sets ... him and 2 friends, 3 part harmonies ... it should be sweet.

Peace, Mark

Edited by Guest
more info added ...

well, crappy road conditions last night, but totally worth it. that was a blast!

musically, very well played, really good energy, great grooves.

nice to finally see Harvard Mouse, who along with rose garland i seem to miss all the time. cant wait for fundraiser.

nice to see folks i dont get to see nearly enough, Mark, Dave ,Deb, Tim, Jennifer, Ilyana(sp?) and great to travel with those i see lots, but still not enough, Margaret and Beth (Happy birthday again). you all made for a lovely evening.

Thanks again, Harvard Mouse, for a great show, see you again soon.

:)

yay everybody! that was such a good time. mark tonin and geomouse spent a lot of time to get everything set up early, and we got to play way longer than usual. it was very cool to open it up and go all night!

also very cool to see so many people turn up...the toronto crowd braved a miserable drive to come and party, way to get my brother greg up dancing, margaret! all sorts of people tried him on all night, you finally got him up and moving, for which he thanks you :)

and big yay to dr evil and the rest of the mice, i've never had so much fun wrecking my ears! one more month and we get to do it again!!

That was a fun night!

Things started at 7 p.m. with a set of music for our children, parents, and friends. We've never done a set of music for this group of people before, and it was really well received. At one point the dance floor filled up with children and adults grooving to Aiko Aiko ... that was definitely one of the highlights from the whole night for me. At the end of the night the bartender commented that she loved seeing the kids running around and dancing ... there's nothing like smiling, happy little ones to make the heart feel warm.

The "late show for big people" also went over very well. Personal musical highlights include the Back On The Train > Love Is Like Water > Back On The Train (with two drummers!), the Scarlet > Fire at the end of the night, and the guest musicians that played throughout the night including Colin Read (who played the second drum kit), Lucas Stagg (with Jesse and Marcia), James O'Brien, Floyd, members from Organic Groove (Kat & Gerima) and other hand-drummers, Amanda, Snail, Chairmouse, and anyone else that I'm forgetting at the moment.

Thanks to everyone who made it out to this show, especially to the out-of-towners. I'm very much looking forward to the show at the Lanc on Sat. Jan. 28. It is shaping up to be an awesome night!

Peace, Mark

Just got through our cross-provincial trek, with the smile from the night still etched in my cheeks.

I must agree re. the all-ages set - glad finally that the kids (and their grandparents) now get what we mean when we say we're going out to make music (we'll fill them in on the finer points in a few years' time, I'm sure ;) ). I hope we can do it again next year for all the area Skanks with little ones; I'll keep up practicing with one kid hanging off each arm until then ;).

Thank you so much to everyone who made it out, and thanks as always to my fellow mousey mischief-makers. Looking forward to the next 28th at the Lanc!

Well I'd have to agree with y'all on every point. My youngest fella had a great time sitting in with the likes of us. We'll have to come up with a mousey moniker for him--how about minimouse? Or maybe minime since everyone agrees he's a carbon copy of the senior mouse.

I'm still shaking my head about the relatively hitch-free sound for the night. During set up we had an annoying amount of mid-range feed-back but it magically dissappeared by Wed night. yay. When Lucas et al got up with three vocals and two acoustics guitars I was very concerned about that gremlin coming back to haunt us but not a whisper...maybe there really are such things as elves huh? Or maybe the littel white mice really are running the planet and Dr Evil is cohorts with 'em. If so, send them a bite of spiked cheese for me.

Thanks go out to Mark again for his undying energy and committment to the entire jambands scene here and anywhere his mind reaches. Thanks also to the rest of the guys and everyone who came out to enjoy the night with us. Have a happy new year's eve wherever you're going to clelebrate and remember that we're all in this together! See y'all in January and hopefully sooner...caio