Jambands.ca

Election 2006 - Sweeter Bit feelings

Hux

I coined that one, oh yeah.

Of course I am sad at the national outcome, and for Uncle Paul who I had hoped could do so much more, but I feel us Liberals managed to keep a very respectable number of seats, and Paul went out on a classy note.

I'm always careful not to give too much info on what I'm doing during a campaign for fear that some video from "that place" hits some blog, maybe I'm too paranoid (the chicken had already od'd anyways)....anyhow

I've been in North Vancouver since late November Managing Liberal Don Bell's campaign. In the last election Don became the first Liberal to win here since the Trudeau-mania sweep of '68 - so we were in for a fight in a historically Conservative riding. Here is what transpired last night:

Party Candidate Votes % Votes

Conservative Cindy Silver 22,023 36.8

Green Party Jim Stephenson 4,483 7.5

Liberal Don Bell 25,357 42.3

NDP Sherry Shaghaghi 7,932 13.2

We increased our margin of victory by about 1300 votes from last time. The Conservative Candidate is a Focus on the Family FAR right evangelical anti-equality activist so personally it was a pleasure to defeat someone with those "values". This was my first gig as a campaign manager and I'm fucking pleased as punch with myself. Unemployed - but I couldn't be happier.

I've missed everyone a hell of a lot and can't wait to get back to O-town and spend some of my new-found surplus of free-time with y'all.

Funny story, Megs and I go see Stephen Franke and Noises From the Toolshed last week, and run into Eric from Themasses, he sees my Don Bell button and says, Jim Stephenson (Green Party candidate in North Van) is my Dad! his campaign bus was their tourbus - small world, well - small country actually.

Back tomorrow - let's party.

We increased our margin of victory by about 1300 votes from last time. The Conservative Candidate is a Focus on the Family FAR right evangelical anti-equality activist so personally it was a pleasure to defeat someone with those "values".

Hux... you're my hero :)! I'll even play Picasso Moon from now on if you want ;).

Edited by Guest
Forgot the other smiley

Oh Huxie, I really feel for you bud. I'm proud that your hard work paid off in the West and that you get to experience that victory. It's been comforting knowing that people like you are out supporting the good guys. I wish things on a national scale went differently, but DAMN will it be good to have you home. Give us a jingle as soon as you can.