Jambands.ca

**Peter Elkas/Alanna Stuart CBC FUSE Taping Feb 7th - 2 tix available!

ersh

I emailed these guys at CBC asking about reserving seats out of curiosity a while ago. By the time I checked back, seating was full - but found out they had reserved me two seats. And I don't need them.

This is for the CBC show FUSE, where they take 2 or 3 artists and make them play each others stuff. This Tuesday the 7th, Peter Elkas will 'fuse' with Alanna Stuart, (who's actually pretty much in the Elkas band anyway). 4 songs of hers, 4 songs of Pete's and few covers I believe.

Taping is at 6:45pm at CBC's Studio 40 (181 Queen

Street, between Bank and O'Connor). FUSE airs on CBC Sunday morings...11 on ONE and 1pm on TWO I think.

First person to PM me wanting the seats will get them. I'll try to get back to you by the end of the day.

Check out www.cbc.ca/fuse for more.

Cheers,

Jeff

hey what a nice night. Thankyou ersh,friendly..and I think ersh-your wife...I'm gratefull the tix wound up in my paws.

Fo to the Fo-funny beans.

I was touched by um..was it heather...no ah I can't remember her name but that 'Wild Horses'...so niiiiice...haha allmost cried-not that its too hard to make me do that...lol.

Oh yeah and Bridge over troubled waters was neat too...liked fos touch and the no, no, no, buisness..haha though admittedly when ersh when you piped in 'no' I got excited hoping you would all go into more nos w/more fo...either way it was cool legumes for me.

sorry for not saying hello at the end...me and moosey were both cagin' out the door and you were talkin...I guess we were being shy/lets get outside now or some silly beans like that.

thanks again

really enjoyed that.

cheers

j

Edited by Guest

Great show last night. I can't believe how good that studio sounded. It was very easy on the ears.

Much more eclectic set than I expected with about ten songs played in the two hour taping. Each musician got a chance to showcase his or her skills. I'd say the most memorable song of the night, due to its choice, was the radio version of the theme from Family Ties.

This was the line-up:

Peter Elkas - vocals, electric guitar

Alana Stuart - vocals

Jeff Heisholt - keyboards, vocals

Fo - rockin' the turntables

Heather Piche - vocals

Ben ??? - acoustic guitar, vocals

Anyone know when this will air?

Yeah, that was nice...but I think it was that 'turn out the lights' tune that knocked me socks off. I'm listening to the version on Peter's MySpace and he was RIGHT! Alanna and Heather arranged in the tune instead of the HORNS really kicks ass. Don't miss this thing it's broadcast!

It took some photos, but I gotta do some things before I can transfer them to the inner-net

To 'out' Ms.Hux, she was the lone audience member that reacted to the name 'Alex P.Keaton'. however, she probably heard 'Marty McFly' since that's all Michael J.Fox is to her.

Theme from Family Ties:

I bet we've been together for a million years

And I'll bet we'll be together for a million more

Oh It's like I started breathing on the night we kissed

And I can't remember what I ever did before

What would we do baby without us

And there ain't no nothing we can't help each other through

What would we do baby without us. Sha-la-la-la

If it's absolutely perfect, the last puzzle piece

And it all just comes together like we had it planned

Ooh, It's like when we share a secret we could never tell

'Cause no one else but you and me could understand

You've got my number, and I know you know it

And I'm stickin' with you 'til the end

Ooh, I'm in trouble if I ever lost you

I'd spend my whole life looking for you again

You've got my number, you've got my number, you've got my number

You've got my number, you've got my number, you've got my number. Sha-la-la-la

Edited by Guest

No problem Howler. Glad to help.

There's currently no air date... and they have a stockpile of other fuse shows ready to go too.

Ben Mullin of the Ottawa band CAUTION PRESS was on the acoustic guitar... and the DJ was Ian Swain, aka Pho.

We definately had a real fun time, and I'll be sure to post when I find out when it's airing. Hopefully we'll be back in Ottawa soon.... actually Peter will be there solo at the end of the month ... check out peterelkas.com for the date.

Jeff