Jambands.ca

Bike couriers' annual ice-race tomorrow

Large Marge

This is a killer event! Take Toronto's most hard-core cyclists (I believe recent celebrity garbage-tosser "Leah" will even be there), give them free reign to stud or chain thier tires however they'd like, put them on the rink at Dufferin Grove Park and let them GIVER :o :o :o I won't be able to stay until the end, but apparently the final race is rubber only... that means plenty o' wipe-outs!!!

The race is at Dufferin Grove Park which is directly across from Dufferin Mall and for those not into mass consumption and cheap prices the address is 875 Dufferin. Racing will go till 9pm. There will be yummy food courtesy of Dufferin Grove and live music in the rink house. Afterwards there will be a slow dance party at the Wroxeter at 1564 Queen West. Hope everyone can make it. If i have left out information, which I have a habit of doing, please contact me at goomann @ gmail.com

The races are by no means closed to couriers; registration starts at 5pm and racing begins at 5:30pm. Let me know if you're coming and I'll pour an extra brewski and roll us a big fucking cone :)

Cheers,

Margaret

yah, doll.....HAPPY FREAKIN' BIRTHDAY....you are MISSED!!!!

hope Dufferin Grove has nice memory-echos from our good-bye campfire and those delicious ooey-gooey banana boats (?) you made (oh yeah, and me drunkenly falling off picnic tables and frightening the parents of our kids' friends!!!!)

wish I could help celebrate YOU in person, you AWESOME gal....but here's the raincheck for another Ottawa/Oz-good rager :cool: :/ :thumbup: :laugh: }:|}:|}:|}:|}:|}:|}:|

most gianormous hugs and hugs and hugs!!!!