Jambands.ca

Three Cheers For The Punk!

can-o-phish

One of my most memorable musical experiences to this day was the second day of The Great Went and to be even more specific, the 2nd Set which still gives me goosebumps and shivers

1. Down w. Disease>

2. Jam>

3. Bathtub Gin>

4. Uncle Pen

5. 2001>

6. Art Jam>

7. Harry Hood

So when I arrived home from the studio yesterday and found a package from the Punk who had mailed me this complete day, Sets 1,2 & 3 on DVD with SB for audio, well, all I can say is yesterday evening and night was nothing but P-H-I-S-H!!!

Thank You Chris!!! One of the nicest surprises I've ever received!!!

Three Cheers For The Punk!!! (Feel free to add your own Punk stories and kudos as I'm sure there are more)

Punk-Fu.jpg

I started taping back in mid-Sept., 2002, and the first show I taped was one week after "Punk & Friends" at Cafe Dekcuf (so right off the bat, I had regrets about missing a show that should have been taped :(). Downtime had just broken up, and instead of cancelling the show, the Punk put a band together, which included (IIRC) Hux, Pablo Sanchez, gentlemonkey, and one of Punk's Toronto roommates. (Yes, this was the first time the new line-up of nero had appaeared together on stage, albeit with others in addition.)

It was cool seeing Pablo appear as a sideman; despite having heavy hitters with him, it was obvious this was the Punk's band that night, and it still ranks as one of the funnest nights I've had at Cafe Dekcuf.

Aside from that, I can only add two words: ring toss. :o

Aloha,

Brad

You very, very, welcome Dave, my good friend. You have passed lots of great stuff my way and I was happy to be able to finally give you something back that I knew you would be glad to have, since we have talked about this show lots of times.

A funny sidenote to this story is that I was so excited to give this to CoP that I broke down and told him about it on NYE before I even had the present ready....but luckily, as anyone who saw what shape he was in on NYE knows, it didn't ruin the surprise!!! Hahahahaha.....

And Basher, I could certainly mail you a copy; I owe you a favor or 2. Drop me a PM with your snail mail.

Edited by Guest