Jambands.ca

STEPHEN FRANKE/ FRIENDS OF HEFNER/ HAMIILTON/ THURSDAY

kc

I wish I met livingstoned!

That was a most interesting evening. I only caught the first set of Franke and the boys but they were really good, gotta love that Cuban influence in the jams. And I had forgotten how much I enjoy Friends of Hefner. What a great set! And they have some fantastic original material, right up my alley. Also dug the groovin' Marvin Gaye cover in their set, I must find out the name of that tune.

Thanks for the ride, Steve & Sara. Edger, you know I loves ya!

Going out these days I am starting to feel like an alien that has just stepped off the landing ramp.

I enjoyed this show.

This was the first time I caught friends of Hefner and wasn't distracted the whole set. There were some great moments from them. I really enjoyed hearing the 12 string electric in their sound and Shelby was a blast. Good job sister.

I made it to Hamilton for this show and I'm glad I did. It was nice to get out of Guelph and see Stephen Franke and support another town's music scene.

Stephen Franke's drummer was definitely a little wet behind the ears. He was using Stephen to catch most cues, but his intent on getting it right and the effort you could see he was making on these tough grooves made it not annoying and really I was just rooting for him.

I left very inspired around the 1:00am mark. Good fun.

Deeps

don't worry about your alienlike feelings marco, we all have our days. it's probably the leather jacket/bushy beard combo. i recommend you drop the beard and go with a spite face. the spite look is hot, don't drop it.

hey deeps it was nice to see you, too bad we didn't meet....thanks for the INTRO AARON......god do you ever fucking look like freaker by the speaker....i'm smelling a really good hallowe'en costume!

listening to some Gnu Band and * A Particular Lift from Halloween 2000 @ Vertigo, University of Victoria, BC

recorded on mini-disc and sounding good :)

* A Particular Lift are members of Lift and A Particular Wave

Stephen Franke was the keyboardist for APW and Gnu Band

question: I heard recently that members of the Toolshed are ex Lift members ??? true or false ?

read about it here

Sounds like last night was a great show. Awesome.

The awesome keyboardist's name is Chris Van Sickle. And the 'wet behind the ears' drummer, is their new drummer, Alan Cameron.

Wish I'd been there...

My wet behind the ears comments was based on his inexperience with the tunes not the actual dumming capability. Just to be clear.

Deeps