Jambands.ca

good eats in Montreal

bouche

I'm looking fors some quick, decent eats in montreal near the venue that would include options for a vegetarian AND a frikkin Vegan.

WE're going to be on a tight schedule, leaving ottawa around 5ish.

Who's got my heady suggestions?

Did Blane have to leave town afterall?

Mama's - corner of St. Urbain and Pine (west of St. Laurent and Pine) - awesome poutine, not sure about veggie friendly....

Excellent Chinese - Soup and Noodles - Corner of St. Catherines and St. Marc (closer to Concordia)

If the show is at Club Soda its right around the corner from St. Catherines and there is a ton of food right there....

Ok Bouche If ya want Vegan then there is A place on st.laurnet Close to the show..It is called "aux Vive" Now this place has Kick ass vegan food.. Why because im not Vegan at all and i like this place.. its a little "Clickie" but thats ok.. The French fry place is really Good it is called.. Mondo Frite and it is Kick ass Poutine with No Meat in the Sauce. its kinda like a pepper corn sauce. If ya go to aux vive get the Club it has Smoked Coconut that is To Die For. The Show Is at the Other end of st. laurant VERY far From St Catherines. I know lots of these places cause i live in this Neigborhood.

all this talk of Main Hall being so far was freaking me out, but google set it straight. It's about 4.4 km from our hotel on Rene-Levesque and only about 1.5 km from that vegan place.

does anyone know if the venue has a real coat check?

Greetings from Geneva. wish I could be going with you guys tonight!

Bouche, I hope you get this message. Aux Vivres is closed for renovations as far as I know. However, right on the corner of St. Viateur and St. Laurent about 1 min from the venue are 2 places that I think fit the bill (havta check on the vegan bit).

- Le Jardin du Cari: on st. viateur about 5 doors in from St. Laurent, north side. Great Gyanan food (roti-curry). Get the chickpea and potato roti wit' de pumpkin' and a side of potato balls. Great dinner for well under 10 bux.

- Cafe Esparanza: Right on the corner of St.V. and St. L. and 2 doors from the venue. Decent food and definately some vegan selections. Also St. Ambroise Oatmeal stout on tap. YUM

Hope that helps!

Edited by Guest

I feel like there's a lot of meat eaters that will be forcing down vegan dishes in Montreal this evening for some reason.

Personally, I'm packin' beef, and if they won't cook it at any of these chi-chi, uber-heady, spiritually-organic, frenchy-vegan restauraunts, they better have a parking lot cause I'm setting up shop.

Bringin' the cow baby.