Jambands.ca

Flaming Lips - Toronto - Apr 4

Basher

That's a horrible nite! right at the beginning of exams.

I can't believe that the Lips' management was so inconsiderate as to not contact you first to find out which dates would be convenient for you. Really, what is the music business coming to these days?

My friend was online at 9:50 and on the phone at 10Am trying to get tickets (ANY # of tickets) and got nothing. Another friend was online and able to get 1 and only 1. So there's about 5 of us who want to go and 1 who actually got a ticket.

What the fuck? Maybe its me, but if I were the promoter and saw the show had sold out in less than 20 minutes, maybe consider a change of venue to something bigger?

What is likely to happen is that since the Flaming Lips are performing in Toronto on the day their new album is actually released, they will come back later in the year and perform at a larger venue more suited to their popularity.

Many acts like Green Day, Weezer and others have played the Phoenix or a similar sized venue right when their album came out only to play a larger venue when their main North American tour is rolling along.

Tim

Ummm... I'm in. Got good luck with these things too... got to see the Smashing Pumpkins play there for their pre-Mellon Collie tour which wound up being their last one before all the BS went down.

I also credit the copies of Yoshimi (Dolby 5.1 Mix... SIC!!) I gave out as gifts last year. Didn't even have to wake up early to place my order :cool: