Jambands.ca

The Reason for North American Obesity

TheGoodRev

Now I admit that I'm bordering upon girthly myself. But tonight I was checking my G-mail, and they have Google ads embedded in the G-mail. So I was in my spam box and accidentally clicked a Google ad link for "Spam Recipes" and was taken to this page:

Title: SPAM HASHBROWN BAKE

Categories: Main dish

Yield: 8 Servings

1.00 pk Frozen hashbrown potatoes,

-thawed slightly (32 oz)

0.50 c Butter or margarine, melted

1.00 t Salt

1.00 t Pepper

0.50 t Garlic powder

2.00 c Shredded Cheddar cheese

1.00 cn SPAM Luncheon Meat, cubed

-(12 oz)

1.00 cn Cream of chicken soup

-(10 3/4 oz)

1.50 c Sour cream

0.50 c Milk

0.50 c Chopped onion

0.25 c CHI-CHI's Diced Green

-Chilies, drained

2.00 c Crushed potato chips

Heat oven to 350'F. In large bowl, combine potatoes, melted butter,

salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In another bowl, combine cheese,

SPAM, soup, sour cream, milk, onion, and green chilies. Add SPAM

mixture to potato mixture; mix well. Pour into 2-quart baking dish.

Sprinkle with potato chips. Bake 45-60 minutes or until thoroughly

heated.

MMMMM

Good thing they added them pitater chips, I was getting worried there wudn't enough grease.

The most famous spam menu:

* Egg and Bacon

* Egg, Sausage and Bacon

* Egg and Spam

* Egg, Bacon and Spam

* Egg, Bacon, Sausage and Spam

* Spam, Bacon, Sausage and Spam

* Spam, Egg, Spam, Spam, Bacon and Spam

* Spam, Sausage, Spam, Spam, Spam, Bacon, Spam, Tomato and Spam

* Spam, Spam, Spam, Egg, and Spam

* Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Baked beans, Spam, Spam, Spam and Spam

* Lobster thermidor aux Crevettes with a Mornay sauce Served in a Provençale Manner with Shallots and Aubergines garnished with Truffle Paté, Brandy and with a Fried egg on top and Spam

- thanks for turning me off breakfast, Rev :). It reminds me of what they call the "Ulster Fry" in Northern Ireland - you fry any meat that produces gobs of grease in a big skillet and cover it all with fried eggs. Cholesterol heaven!

Edited by Guest

Is it a joke, the spam recipes? I see different recipes all the time but only when I'm checking my spam. I just wonder 'cause I know google searches the topic at hand to figure out which add to post but it seems funny to me.

I love google april fools day jokes. some sort of juice last year I think (or maybe the year before).

Egg and Bacon, Egg, Sausage and Bacon, Egg and Spam, Egg, Bacon and Spam, Egg, Bacon, Sausage and Spam, Spam, Bacon, Sausage and Spam, Spam, Egg, Spam, Spam, Bacon and Spam, Spam, Sausage, Spam, Spam, Spam, Bacon, Spam, Tomato and Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Egg, and Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Baked beans, Spam, Spam, Spam and Spam, Lobster thermidor aux Crevettes with a Mornay sauce Served in a Provençale Manner with Shallots and Aubergines garnished with Truffle Paté, Brandy and with a Fried egg on top and Spam

Put all that between to slices of whole wheat spread with grey poupon and you've got yourself a sandwich.

Is it a joke, the spam recipes? I see different recipes all the time but only when I'm checking my spam. I just wonder 'cause I know google searches the topic at hand to figure out which add to post but it seems funny to me.

I love google april fools day jokes. some sort of juice last year I think (or maybe the year before).

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with these gentlemen?

102.jpg

It's from one of the Flying Circus episodes, IIRC.

Monty Python. I think of the spam skit everytime I see the recipes. I actually used it in a little presentation on SPAM at school (computer spam but I had to throw in the spam song).

I think the recipes themselves are genuine but I've always made fun of spam as a source of food (type stuff) so when I see recipes for it I assume they're a joke.

Here's a question: Have any of you ever had spam? How does it taste? Is it good? Is it funny?

Here's a question: Have any of you ever had spam? How does it taste? Is it good? Is it funny?

I've had it. It doesn't taste particularly good, but it's not as awful as I thought it might be, either. I think it is held in such disdain simply because the English - Londoners in particular - were forced to eat so much of it for so long during the war due to rationing. Is it funny? Kind of. It quivers like Jell-O, which is kind of amusing, in a disturbing way...

saw on the cooking channel a few months ago, the 25th National Spam Cook-Off. Some of those recipes were fucking hilarious, spam on yer nachos, spam an eggs, spam and weiners, even had spam sculptures and spam sushi!! yuck!

i think my favourite thing they showed was the spam toss, about 30-40 feet or so, spam out of the can, you gotta giver a good toss and your partner has to catch it in one piece. i think you won a ton of spam hahaha

And the winner of the 2005 Missouri State Fair Spam cook-off is....

Pecan SPAM Salad with Goat Cheese Toast

Ingredients

2/3 cup pecans, chopped

3/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

6 Tbsp sugar

1 12-oz can of SPAM, any variety

8-oz goat cheese or cheese of choice

10-oz baby arugula or mixed salad greens

16 1/2 inch slices cut from a baguette

1/2 cup red grapes, cut in half

Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing