Jambands.ca

Miracle in aisle 4!

Birdy

Nun buns, holy cheese, mona lisa grilled up and served with fries, FISH STICKS!

nowadays it seems like the best place to get yourself a miracle is to hit up your local grocery store, go home and get crafty with your frying pan.

monalisa_toast_041130_ssh.jpg

it's the Mona Lisa!

ap_JESUS_FISH_041129_ssv.jpg

it's Jesus Christ!

apgb_bun_041129_ssh.jpg

it's Mother Theresa!

ap_CHEESE_mary_041129_ssh.jpg

it's the Virgin Mary!

the Virgin Mary grilled cheese sold for $28,000 on eBay!

there you go college teachers and students alike... in order to compensate for lost wages or lost tuition, go home and cook up a chicken burger that resembles Buddha.

Here's an invention idea: you know those gizmos that are several inches on a side, with thousands of metal filaments in the middle, that let you press something into one side (like your hand, or whatever), and have it appear in relief on the other side? Rig one of those so that the image can be fixed, and which can then be used as a kind of "branding iron" to burn/char/sear the image into foodstuffs.

Aloha,

Brad

Brad, that is sheer genious but you shouldn't say something like that in such a public place or too many people will pick up on it.

In all seriousness, after seeing the $28000 grilled cheese, that idea could probably actually land you some money.

Actually, the Mark II unit will be much better: it'll be based around the electric frying pan, and will have a USB link to your computer, which will have software that'll let you import an image (GIF, JPEG, whatever), assign a colour/brightness-to-height mapping (along with a user-specifiable bit of randomness, to make the image appear less than perfect), and have the image appear in the pan. Heat up the pan, oil up whatever you want fried, and drop in. Of course, this will be purely for entertainment purposes only.

Aloha,

Brad

*off stealing bradm's idea*

really though, there is one of those thingy's just down the hall from me. i promise brad, if i do end up quitting my job and becoming a frying pan queen, i'll give you 20% of the royalties..

maybe 30.

maybe we could be partners.. but that's a stretch. it would have to be sunny outside. ;)

Actually, the Mark II unit will be much better: it'll be based around the electric frying pan, and will have a USB link to your computer, which will have software that'll let you import an image (GIF, JPEG, whatever), assign a colour/brightness-to-height mapping (along with a user-specifiable bit of randomness, to make the image appear less than perfect), and have the image appear in the pan. Heat up the pan, oil up whatever you want fried, and drop in. Of course, this will be purely for entertainment purposes only.

Aloha,

Brad

When you get it done, let me know. I'm in for one. I can just see the doh piling up from ebay sales with this one. I'm not just talking religious icons either, the possibilities are endless. Movie stars, rock stars, all immortalized in grilled cheese.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, grilled cheeeeeeese

all youd really have to do is heat up a shaped piece of metal in the shape of buddha or whatever, and sear your food item with it, kind of like branding a cow, only youre branding a sandwich, it could be done for 20 bucks i reckon, propane blowtorch, some sheet metal, and a pair of tin snips

matter of fact i think ill do this soon, see what i can come up with

Edited by Guest

there you go college teachers and students alike... in order to compensate for lost wages or lost tuition, go home and cook up a chicken burger that resembles Buddha.

excuse me while i go down to the welding shop and buddha brand some sandwiches..

now i'm hungry! If i eat it will i inherit the wisdom and enlightenment of the buddha ???

So, yeah, you can buy a heady grill cheese from me with a variety of stampings: Garcia, Christ, Mary, the Virgin, or, you can go get one off that dirty wook a few cars down and save $27,999, but your grilled cheese will be seriously lacking in the uber-heady, super-spiritual, enlightened-organic department. Your call.

I'm going on tour. With who? doesn't matter, I'm bringing Jesus grilled cheeses and sellin' 'em outa the back of the limo I'll be rolling in.

Ka-ching.

Actually, the Mark II unit will be much better: it'll be based around the electric frying pan, and will have a USB link to your computer, which will have software that'll let you import an image

Perhaps we can also have the "shirtMark II" with an Iron linked via USB.