Jambands.ca

Fat Cats 2000-05-27 Montreal

Esau

Huge thanks to Jahdawg for getting these Montreal shows to me.

I should have the 99 Montreal show up soon, anyway, here's the first of the two.

Enjoy.

Fat Cats

05/27/2000

Le Swimming

Montreal, QC.

CANADA

Burden & Misfortune

Sweet Lorriana

Hand Jive

Rotan

Tangled Up In Blue

Montana Haze

Fatman In The Bathtub

Eyes Of The World

Sunday Morning > Fat Man Walks Alone >

Breadbox >

Maracas

Stand Back >

Waiting For Spring

Teaspoon > G.I.I.T.H **

Down With Disease

Doobie Break

Shakedown Street

You

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=35283

[color:red]OTHER RECENT ARCHIVE ADDITIONS

Fat Cats 1996-10-12 Vancouver, BC [color:red]FIXED

Fat Cats 1996-10-19 Victoria, BC

I just got this one started. Thank you, Esau and jahdawg! I'm only two songs in, but the rest of the set (esp. "Tangled Up In Blue", "Fatman In The Bathtub" [Little Feat! Yee-Haw!], "Eyes Of The World", and "Down With Disease"! I don't think I've heard Fat Cats cover Phish before) looks shiznitually bombular.

Gorgeous day: check.

First cup of coffee down: check.

Prep for important meeting: to be checked (OK, I'm not perfect).

Insides quivering about tonight: check.

Fat Cats show to get me warmed up: check.

OK, my day's just about complete. :o

Aloha,

Brad

Cheers & thanks Brad. Glad I could assist in your day. :)

The only other DWD on archive right now is 1997-01-01 & I am currently re-working on it since the mp3s are a bit blown out (to me anyway), the Montreal recording is much better. Its funny because we used to get it semi often in Hamilton at La Luna's but I really haven't come across those recordings yet, but I'm sure I will... ;)

i think brenden is going to be your only hope for La Luna recordings.....

did anyone else record them there?

i started at the Casbah.

(ps, damn the fatties sounded great in 96, still sounding great in 2006......gotta love and respect the Cats)

Edited by Guest

Yeah, I've drained Bren of all his recordings, Johnny La Rue recorded just about all of the shows there though and I have a bunch (about 40 currently 95-97), but the acoustic shows are sorta over taken by the crowd which has alot to do with the location of the mic (not to mention 150+ ppl in that small room) and some of the elctric are incomplete. So, most of those aren't on the list of shows for archive.

[color:red][edit to add]

Theres alot of the recordings from Tim V. also still floating around on DAT,CD and cassette also.

Thanks also.

Edited by Guest

One example of a show not for archive is this one: (not sure I should even post this...lol)

Tim V b-day party

1998-08-01 & 02

undisclosed living room on concession st. ;)

Todd (acoustic & electric) Dave (bass), Joel (djembe) & Steve (on banjo)

Rueben & Cherise

Burn One Down

Old Joe Clark

Locks Of Dread

F.O.T.D

Deep Elem Blues

Black Berry Blossom

Dear Prudence

Song For St.Jude

Time (P.Floyd)

High Time

Three Little birds

Don't think twice

Its Alright

Dave's Jam

??

Hey Joe

After The Storm

??

Pork Loaf Jelly

Well probally someone with alot more knowledge then myself, a bunch of the shows can be fixed, although the crowd levels just out right over power the music on alot of the acoutic shows, the above posted has other reasons for not going on archive.

Alot of the shows were originally recorded to cassette that I speak of.

Edited by Guest

Thanks guys, I enjoy doing it thats for sure.

If anyone on here from the west coast or anywhere else for that matter knows who did the recording during either the first west tour (early summer 96) or the second (fall 96) please let me know, I'd love to give credit where credits due for these.

Currently uploading:

Fat Cats

Town Hall

Field, BC

1996-06-26

Full band - acoustic

Hey Greg, out of curiousity do you ever talk to Vaulker? (spelling?)

I always liked that birthday show... pretty funny

In terms of who recorded I can think of some people that were definitely around for that tour, not sure if they were involved in any recording or not. I'll check with Todd and see if he knows.

This is so awesome that you are making all of these shows available. Hard to believe (or maybe not so hard to believe) that the boys themselves don't even have much of a collection of their own music. It would be such a shame if it disappeared.

Thanks again, very much appreciated!!

Haven't spoke with Tim in a few years actually. Before he moved to BC was the last time I imagine.

I agree it would be terrible if this music were to disappear (at worst) or just not be out there for others. Means alot ot me thats for sure, alot of important life moments occured to and for me throughout the 90's, as well many strong friendships and the soundtrack has always included Fatties. I know I've said it many times before but, theres not a Canadian band I enjoy more.

I appreciate your help & words Sara.

Cheers

I think Dave stopped recording in about '95 or '96. But he certainly recorded a ton of shows from 93 to 95. Now that a 2000 show is up, it'd be great to see a show from 94 and 95 eventually put up, just to have every year represented......

Everything said up to this point is bang on. They deserve full credit for still sounding so good 14 years later. That's no small span of time. It just crossed my mind that for the Dead this would be 1979. Here's hoping Gillies doesn't have a cornary in rehab until 2022. :P

Many good bands have come and gone but to my ears no one puts it all together like the Fatties. Simply the best.

Huge thanks to all who make these shows available

In terms of recorders for the west coast tours, Todd says that Dave Biggs did a bunch of shows. I'm not sure if he is on this board or not, I suspect he may have a user name in the west coast forum.

Greg do you know how to get a hold of him? Or it may be worth posting a message on the west coast forum. If not, we could probably scrounge up an email address for you

Cheers, sara

Greg do you know how to get a hold of him? Or it may be worth posting a message on the west coast forum. If not, we could probably scrounge up an email address for you

Cheers, sara

No, I haven't any contact info but I do know someone in BC that I was gettin some Fat cats shows from a few years back that may know.

Now that a 2000 show is up, it'd be great to see a show from 94 and 95 eventually put up, just to have every year represented......

You got it Rob, luckily in this batch of recordings (mostly from 96) I have a couple 94 & 95 shows. Now, since were talking about representing each year then I guess I should find out if the first set exists for this 92 show also. ;)

Huether Hotel

Waterloo, ON

1992-12-31

(partial second set)

Tennessee

Mirror

As Much As This

Weary

E:

Bertha >

Feelin' Alright

[40+ mins]

I also have the Y95 Basement Rock program hosted by Neal Headly. Its labeled 1993-01-20 (before Cruelty's Cure). I'm pretty sure the live tracks played were from Phil's and recorded in 92, but I may be wrong, would have to listen to it again. They do a nice Sweet Sisters (acoustic) in studio on air.

[color:red][edit to add]

I have the demos from 92 too, but figure those aren't for archive.

Edited by Guest

I was at the New Years show, can't say I can remember much if anything. Never heard a recording of it. Maybe the tape would bring back a memory or two :P

The radio thing I had as filler on some tape somewhere, probably lost to the ages. Haven't heard it in many years. That would be a great post........... alas there are so many good things out there and you are only human :laugh:

thanks for all your doing

Cheers