Jambands.ca

Phone Interviews?

secondtube

Save Your Money!

I have an 9:30am telephone interview with ING (insurance division), and have ZERO idea what to expect.....it tomorrow morning.

they said it'll be only 20 minutes.....

i've had a few interviews under my belt now (1 on 1, panel, etc) but yet to have a phone interview....

they have 5 positions, and over 600 applicants....

anyone ever have a phone interview, or better yet, has anyone ever conducted a phone interview????

or finally...anyone ever have to narrow 600 potential employee's down to 25 (thats what they are doing....knock the people down to 25, which will be face to face interviews)

Edited by Guest

Ive had a phone interview before...they might ask you ridiculous hypothetical questions and silly questions about past job experiences, like "Can you think of a time in the recent past when you were part of a team, but not the leader of the team, and you emerged as the one to point the rest of the group in the right direction," and its like, ANSWER NOW, DUMBASS!! Just be ready for shit like that, think of all the times you were awesome, and just be prepared to share.

they asked some generic questions, some strange ones (if you were to meet any person, living or dead, who would it be?)

another strange one was, "we have had over 600 applicants, and unfortunately, we have turned down each Mohawk College Insurance Student we've interviewed.

What student do you think we made a mistake on, and why should we interview him?"

i have a feeling they wanted to see if i'm a "team player" and i would put my own personal gain above my decision.....i mean, i could have said "you didn't make a mistake.....or".....i could have named someone who i knew wouldn't present me with any challenge for the job.

instead i gave an honest answer, named someone who is a strong student....and said i'm sure he'd make a good candidate for the job.....

btw, jaimoe, she asked if i had any interests.....and of course, i said FISHING!!!!!

as for how many applied, i do believe every graduating insurance student applied for this job (35ish graduates)....its a VERY generous starting salary, plus great benefits, plus a great training program, etc....

Edited by Guest