Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo Additions Round 5

AD

Bonnaroo annnounced today their 5th round of artist additions.

The Codetalkers feat. Col. Bruce Hampton

World Party

Brothers Past

David Ford

Be Your Own Pet

: PRESERVATION HALL JAZZ BAND ::

We are deeply honored to welcome to this year's festival, direct from the heart of New Orleans, the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. For three days and nights (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) this legendary American institution will recreate our beloved New Orleans with their glorious sounds and styles. Holding court in the Preservation Hall Tent the PHJB will present an array of uniquely New Orleans acts such as Bones, Clint Maedgen, Noise Parade, the New Orleans Bingo! Show, and Liquidrone.

Celebrating the 45th anniversary of the Preservation Hall these musicians (many second generation descendents of the original members) carry on the traditions of the birthplace of Jazz.

:: BINDLESTIFF FAMILY CIRKUS ::

Beware!

The Bindlestiff Family Cirkus will be presenting their unique hybrid of vaudeville, classic circus, burlesque and sideshow at this years Bonnaroo. All day Sunday they will transform the Preservation Hall Tent into the Bindlestiff Family Cirkus experience led by Sword Swallower Mr. Pennygaff and Whipcracking Ringmistress Philomena Bindlestiff.

The BFC will also be joining the Dresden Dolls for the late night Saturday Cabaret as well as performing atmospherically all day long - not to be missed!

UG

When are they going to announce more world-class performers instead of same-old same-old kinda stuff? Maybe I'm expecting too much this year and not appreciating what's there already, but ferchrissakes, add Ryan Adams already! And other people that I want to see.

AD

i do enjoy the dresden dolls.

i'm just thinking back to a couple roos ago when the additional artist announcements were Neil Young and Crazy Horse, etc....

Now we get World Party? David Ford? Be Your Own Pet? Anyone ever heard of them? What should I expect of these acts?

AD

i

Now we get World Party? David Ford? Be Your Own Pet? Anyone ever heard of them? What should I expect of these acts?

AD

I'm surprised you never heard of World Party (they sprang from The Waterboys). They've been around since 1986.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=ADFEAEE57E1DDD4BAC7220C093294DCD8B79CD0BDF4FF6AE162F5E58DDBC3D068E027BFD6FF2DB96D7A727F535ABE02FAD450DD3CAE81AFFD6663F3789EEB60045&searchlink=WORLD|PARTY&samples=1&sql=11:6q7tk6gx9kr0~T1

Guest Low Roller

RADIOHEAD!

I can't wait to hear what a crowd filled with hippies will think of them. I'm hoping they will rock their faces off with their snakecharming music.

The line-up as a whole looks brilliant.