Jambands.ca

ABB 07.09.03

Esau

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by frescolopez:

Thanks for waiting Jay - btw I totally don't remember that we were supposed to meet there!

Yeh, it was mainly for me and Tara to hook back up with Jeff - he said you went off looking to hook up with some, uh, "steak garnishes" and never came back. [Wink]

Seeya soon bro! [big Grin]

Finally found some time to post about the show ... ABB rocked! ... Derek Trucks is a fantastic guitar player ... and my highlight from the night was the Instrumental Illness > Drum jam (I'm not sure if ABB has an official name for this) > Instrumental Illness, along with that kick ass video!

LMT Connection ... wow ... it was packed, it was hot and sweaty, it was a blast! Great boogie tunes! And nice to spend some quality time with you Wi!!y and with my brother Mike at LMT.

Peace, Mark

Allmans show was an awesome time! Gotta love the summer amphitheatre shows....

Esau - did you manage to make it to work the next day? I think we were technically still all partying at the time you were due to start... so I am guessing no?! [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by M:

Allmans show was an awesome time! Gotta love the summer amphitheatre shows....

Esau - did you manage to make it to work the next day? I think we were technically still all partying at the time you were due to start... so I am guessing no?!
[big Grin]

Hahahaha, yeah I eventually made it in to work that day,still buzzed out I would say,it wasnt until 12:30 tho...

Always a pleasure M to party with ya,loads of fun.I dont rememebr much after Paisley passed out,next thing I was waking up half on the couch half off it...great night.

Gotta do it again.Talk soon.

Thanks & cheers~ [big Grin]

I might as well pipe in here since the thread is still goin...

that was a truly awesome day... drinkin jager at the bus station in Hamilton with Tooly and Jay and Esau and the rest of the tie-dye crew... onto the train for some serious drinking and running into more friends(drinking)... the girl who panicked and kept hittin the emergancy bar when we missed our stop... the train security who laughed at us and radioed the train going back to exibition place to wait for us all... Esau being the only one with quick enough feet to get off the wrong train after all 12 of us jumped on it... finding out where Bramalee is by accident (wrong train, fortunately I still had rye)... crazy cab drivers racing each other through rush hour traffic to the ampitheatre...

got in just in time to see the end of Joan Osborne's set (who I didn't even have any idea was playin)... gave her the thumbs up and got a wave (she's a sweety [Wink] )

lots of good sanctuarians scattered everywhere... gates, lawns, beer lines... met Tungsten (made a bad impression probably) and Jamoie, missed Mr. Musicface (see above story), Instigator and Tara lots more but then the music started

my first Allman Brother's Band show... [big Grin]

awesome is all I can say... I ran down and situated myself in some unused box seats and I'm sitting hoping I don't get kicked out when waitress shows up and asks "would you like a drink sir?"... all clear and someone to get me beer to boot [Cool]

got standing dancing in my seat (with my table and friendly service) throwing my arms in the air with every leap of the music just swimmin in it... recognized some things, didn't recognize others, loved it all... had some sort of drunken mind connection with warren haynes it seemed towards the end and he (in appreciation of my quirky arm dance) seemed to say "might as well head for the front" so I listened and took the two beers I'd ordered for last call (god bless that girl) and leapt into the next section without looking back and zigged and zagged until I made the front of the 200s... got into a hoe-down boogiefest with the dudes there who (amazingly) seemed even drunker than I and we gave'r so good... an honest fist raised to the sky as the band took their bows...

off to the parkin lot and Esau and M and studoggy and backbacon and off to the bluegrass beerfest lesbian dance party

but thats another story [Wink] (one I'm still admittedly a little vague on)

special thanks to M for the patience and the hospitality, Esau for the guidance, stu for the lifesaver ride, backbacon for being himself and all great people and music everywhere!

[got in just in time to see the end of Joan Osborne's set (who I didn't even have any idea was playin)... gave her the thumbs up and got a wave (she's a sweety [Wink] )

Actually it was Susan Tedeschi - but you can be forgiven for the mistake since you were obviuosly giving your best effort at partying

quote:

Originally posted by doug:

[got in just in time to see the end of Joan Osborne's set (who I didn't even have any idea was playin)... gave her the thumbs up and got a wave (she's a sweety
[Wink]
)

Actually it was Susan Tedeschi - but you can be forgiven for the mistake since you were obviuosly giving your best effort at partying

ah, posting after 3...

thanks doug

the girl who was one of The Other Ones last year... if I had've known she was playing I would've tried much harder to be there earlier... it was a real treat seeing her again

Archived