Jambands.ca

ABB 07.09.03

Esau

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hah right on, I didn't know Damien had filled in on drums before, that's pretty cool...

They only caution I have about LMT is that the Orbit can fill up pretty good for them. However if it's a full house, Crazy Strings is always a great back-up, and it's pretty close to the orbit room. Definetly try LMT first though, if you haven't seen them before, they won't dissapoint.

I was at that LMT show with Damien on the kit as well (after King Crimson courtesy of jambands.ca - thanks again!)

rockin band to be sure...

be pretty steamy in there tomorrow night unless they have the air cranked... depends on what the ride situation is going back to Hamilton for me and LMT...

ABB in less than 24 hours - WooHoo!! [big Grin]

Okay, so I agree. Pre-plans frequently don't work out. So here's what I've got to say. I'm going to head down in the late afternoon, buy a seat on the grass and, sit at the bar attached to the Amp and get drunk. Anyone that feels like company, come say high! I'll be the long-haired freak. [Wink] (I can't imagine there will be more than one) [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Esau13:

Mr.Musicface~

See you guys at the Wheat Sheaf,before hand.

Excellent! I think I'll be forgoing any after-show fun as I have to teach Thursday morning and I have a bunch of pre-vacation meetings in the aft and on Friday, so I should probably get a little sleep the night before! [Razz]

Peace,

Mr. M.

quote:

Originally posted by Chewie:

quote:

Originally posted by Phunky Cauldron:

They haven't sold out have they? I figured I'd just get lawns when I get there. Think it'll be possible or should I try to hook up tix before I go?

i have a pair of extras...got anything to trade?

email me...quick!

Sorry man, just got the message and I got nothin to trade. Haven't been very lucky on the ticket gettin' this summer. thanks for the offer though dude.

quote:

Originally posted by Phunky Cauldron:

They haven't sold out have they? I figured I'd just get lawns when I get there. Think it'll be possible or should I try to hook up tix before I go?

i have a pair of extras...got anything to trade?

email me...quick!

Oh you crazy Hammer-heads, we missed you silly bastards at the Wheat Sheaf. [Frown] Caught up with Esau at the Amp, heard some of the trials and tribulations y'all had with public transit, so no worries! Guess we'll catch ya at our show on the 18th, right fellows? [Wink]

Great show, enjoyed everything including the new stuff, which I didn't actually know all that well before last night but I think now I'm gonna have to go pick up "Hittin' the Note" later today...

Peace all,

Mr. M.

That was a fantastic night! Thanks to all you guys and gals for making it so amazing and thanks to the Allman Brothers for painting such a beautiful soundscape. I had a great night!

LMT rocked my world after the Allman's too! Wow. Anyone disappointed with that?

Honey oil? Damn! How'd I miss out on that one?

quote:

Originally posted by frescolopez:

On the bright side I'm definately gonna hit up the nap room at lunch. I love nap time.

Nap room?!? Man, I wish! I'm thinking, now, that Crazy Strings probably wasn't such a good idea [Embarrassed]

Oh well, another beautiful night on the lawns... I could have danced until dawn [smile]

I thought it was a pretty awsome show. I laughed, I cried, I thought I had an extra thumb for a bit ( [Eek!] ). The jams were amazing, at times it even seemed like they were playing around with a bit of 'hippy-trance' during that bass solo. Stormy Monday was *awsome* that's my favourite blues song. The only thing I can't quite understand is why we didn't get a 'Soulshine" second encore. Either way I love the Allmans!

quote:

The only thing I can't quite understand is why we didn't get a 'Soulshine" second encore. Either way I love the Allmans!

We were hoping for that or maybe even "Jessica" - prevailing theory in our car was Ontario Place is getting stricter about curfew, they stopped pretty much on the dot of 11.

But as you said, great show regardless. And yeh, "Stormy Monday" was definitely a highlight - man, I knew Susan Tedeschi could sing like mad, but she's definitely an above-average guitar player as well! [Eek!] I always assumed all the leads on her stuff were her hubbie, guess that goes to show what I know!

Peace,

Mr. M.

Archived