• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Musicface:

quote:

we'll be the good lookin ones
[Wink]

Oh, did you guys all get facelifts and make-overs since I met ya at Frontier Town?

Or did you mean good looking relative to the rest of the people in Hamilton? [Razz][Wink]

(I'm so getting my ass kicked, aren't I?) [Eek!]

Seeya then!

- Mr. M.

Hahahahaha,

Paisley is speakin for himself on this one,besides being a surly ol' bastard, I am rather grotesque in appearance,some say threatning in an "escaped convict from pen-a-tang"(sp?)....sorta way.(I think its the glass eye) [Wink]

quote:

Maybe they'll be sitting in the geriatric section of the train. Or the horrible disfigured freak section and then by comparison...

Have to go with geriatric section.

Look for me I'll be the one with the walker and shank. [Wink]

Goin' be a blast,never have missed ABB when they hit Toronto,first show in TO was ABB w/ Little Feat opener at MLG 91......good times ahead. [big Grin]

Hey phishin'! No, I'm not from newmarket but I live there through the week for work. Are you from there? Is there anything at all to do in that blasted city?

For those who were asking: LMT are AMAZING! I would highly recommend seeing them. They are top-notch musicians and performers. Tonin, if you are going to be there, I am going for sure! [big Grin]

Hey Esau - weren't you at the August 24th, 1990 show at CNE Grandstand?

I'm in for Wednesday - 2nd row centre - woohoo!!! [big Grin]

And, don't mean to split the crowd, but the bar set into the trees inside the Amphitheatre gates is kinda cool pre-show, cuz then you see all your friends go by and you can yell leud comments at them.

And after the show, there's always the $ for FREE bluegrass with Crazy Strings.

ahhhhh,MuleMomma,

I think I know who this is now,I was just thinkin' of ya,(if its who I think this is)...strange.

Nope unfortunatley the 91 show was my first Toronto show,I was still in BC campin' when that show went down,me & a friend had gotten a ride west after 07.23.90(sadly Bretts last show),didnt make it back until labour day.

I'll keep my good eye out for ya [Wink]

BTW~

Your more than welcome to yell lewd comments at me. [Eek!]

Since the Allman show starts at 7pm... well, Susan Tedeshi starts at 7, so I'll be at the Wheat Sheaf kinda early - around 3-ish, pending Chewie's intentions and obligations for that day.

Mr. Musicface, what time are you heading for the Wheat Sheaf?

I hope to see all of you there. If you don't know me, I'll be the tired guy with glasses wearing a Robert Johnson t-shirt, drinking a quart of Canadian and verbally bashing the absent Booche, Davey Boy, Hux, Ms Hux and Bouche.

Yo Jaimoe, actually I just realized we're on summer hours at work so I can probably slip out a little early and get down there 'round 5. I'm guessing you'll be well lubricated by then but it's all good.

Once myself and the Hamilton boys arrive we'll tear into the Ottawa-sissy-pant-wearing-jerk-ass bashin' at lightning fuckin' speeds as only you and I can. Remember folks, if you can't talk at at least 200 wpm, you're wasting our gawddamn time!!!

- M.

Mr. Musicface,,

Off topic:

Have you ever heard of Hamilton 70's band Simply Saucer? Think Velvet Underground meets the Stooges meets 60s Pink Floyd. They only have one album, produced by Daniel Langois, but it's a 70's garage rock must-own.

Mr. Musicface, I sent you an email.

Hey everyone looking for something to do after the Allmans concert Wednesday. I have the solution:

Bluegrass with High Lonesome @ The Silver Dollar Saloon - Spadina and College.

And it's free!! And it's in Chinatown, so the food will be good, and the restaurants will be open really late!!

hey willy......yeah, unfortunately we are from newmarket.....definetly not proud of it though. i grew up in guelph and somehow have found myself here. NO there is absolutely nothing going on in this damm town!! what time are you heading down to ABB? i am leaving from newmarket and returning here as well.

Hey phishin', I'm pretty flexible on departure time. I don't really fell like parking on the DVP South (just occurred to me) so I guess that means leaving early or leaving late. I guess early makes the most sense. I'm planning on checking our some tunes after the show (probably LMT Connection because they are fugging unbelievable). What about you?

I'm up for some LMT Connection Wi!!y, especially if you'll be there! [Wink][big Grin]

Some crazy strings bluegrass also sounds like a great idea, but I'm leaning toward LMT at this point. But lets see how things unfold ...

Lookin' forward to seeing lots of great people before, during and after the show!

Backbacon and s2dog, maybe I'll see you before the show? If not, then inside and/or after for sure.

And I think most people on this board know this by now, but just in case you don't, your ABB ticket gets you into Ontario Place for free, and you can go in and out of Ontario Place. I remember at the Toronto Phish shows many heads didn't realize that you could get into Ontario Place (and back out) with a concert ticket.

Peace, Mark

Hey Mark! You up for some brew before the show? There's a pretty cool multi-level bar that's attached to the Amphitheatre that would be alright to sit at and eat some grub and drink some beer. Let me know, I'd love to hook up.

I'm definitely leaning towards the LMT option. I saw them once before with Damien (sp?) from the Smoothies sitting in on drums. They were absolutely awesome! When I told Damien how much I enjoyed it he went on and on about how good the real drummer (his teacher) is and how I absolutely must see them with him. These guys are the real thing: Hard core musicians and performers with a great sound in a great room with a great group of followers. Crazy Strings sound really good to but there is no way I am going to miss an opportunity to see LMT.

It's going to be a great night!

Yeah, Mark, hope to run into you before the show... don't know my plan exactly. Prolly get into the lot around 4 or 5. Chill out there for a while. Maybe head it into that bar for a bit that everyone's been talking about. I tend not to make pre-show plans... never work out really.

As far as after show - after reading all the hype about LMT Connection, I'm leaning towards that now too.

Archived