Jambands.ca

Hello from New Orleans!

Basher

Hi everyone! In the middle of another perfect day in New Orleans. Went to the festival today and saw Keb Mo, heard some Dylan, Cowboy Mouth and the Charmaine Neville Band, sampled some delicious New Orleans cuisine, and are now preparing to attend some wedding festivies.

Last night we saw Galactic after drinks in the French Quarter. I wish you could have seen Punk after several delicious Category 5 Hurricanes...

Later tonight it is either Papa Grows Funk or the Radiators, we'll see...

Got some great pictures that I will post when I get back - enjoy the rest of your Friday!

Well, I never saw N.O. before Katrina, so I have no reference point. Certain areas look pretty bad, but anywhere in the French Quarter, Garden District or Central Business Disctrict look great.

Good times today - and tomorrow night I get to see Umphrey's latenight - should be fun!

Couple quick highlights from my perspective:

First night we went to Galactic. Great show, we (Basher, Stoned Phillips and I) got fairly well hammered and left a little early.

Jazz fest first day: Keb' Mo'!!!! Awesome acoustic stuff. Also saw Dylan's set, some Ani Difranco and some Dr. John.

Second day: Herbie Hancock Quartet w/Brian Blade and Marcus Miller!!!!! Forgive me for not knowing the African guitar players name, I will have to look that up. Absolutely incredible band(no big surprise here).

Caught a little bit of Galactic, DMB and Etta James, as well as a Nina Simone tribute in the jazz tent (before Herbie). The gospel tent is always fun too!

Umphrey's last night. Amidst the face melting original music of theirs, there was Shine On You Crazy Diamond, The Immigrant Song and Against All Odds (Phil Collins). Awesome, awesome, awesome. This band rocks sooooo hard.

Gotta run, having a blast down here.