Jambands.ca

DSO Pre Bonnaroo

Jason

For those heading down to Bonnaroo this year. Dark Start Orchestra are playing at the Riverbend Festiveal in Chatanooga, TN on Wednesday June 11th.

Single day tickets are $19. This is the day prior to the bonnaroo gates opening and it is only an hour and a half (under normal conditoins) away from manchester.

I'd rather spend my time seeing DSO than waiting in traffic!

I think DSO has been discussed previously on this board and I'll likely get flack for saying this but I would probably pay $30.00 to go see them. I feel they do an outstanding job of recreating the Dead show experience and I can't get enough of that!

DSO Bobby may just be better than the real McCoy.

Fuck it was fun being in Dr. Huxtable. Still buds? [Wink][big Grin]

Substitute "more enjoyable" for "better" and you can start to see why some may like DSO's Bobby more than the real thing.

If there's a quality (or set of qualities) in Bobby that you like, and a quality (or set of qualities) that you dislike, if the DSO Bobby displays the one(s) you like more than the one(s) you don't like, then he'd be more enjoyable than the real thing (though not 100% accurate).

(I have no opinion one way or the other, having never seen DSO, and only having seen Bobby live once [though I've listened to a bunch of his songs].)

Aloha,

Brad

Anyway..... [Roll Eyes]

My point is that if you're going to Bonnaroo and need a pre-festival show, I would agree with Jason, you should go see these guys. They are very, very good and fun to watch.*

*Please note this in no way refers to them being anywhere near as good as The Grateful Dead, or any of it's individual members.

The funny thing, is that Rob IS better than the so-called 'real' Bob Weir...........one of the main reasons is that he knows how to tune a guitar.

Geoff, you havent seen him, AND, you like to make fun of lyrics before you have even read or heard them.

Just ask Dave-O [Wink]

(Ok, so I am kidding around, big deal. Oakland lost, and I am bitter. Its best to not be around me right now)

A dr. huxtable cover band would be really fun though. I would really like to see someone imitate me. I have never really seen what I look like on stage, and it woulf be nice to see it. Come to think of it, I have never seen a Dr. Huxtable show before without being in it, and it would be fun to see what a tribute could do. Ahhh, wish I was famous enough to have a tribute band...

Seriously though, I have never seen DSO either, but if they are as good as I have heard, I would like to.

Phred

1) DSO is well worth checking out, even if you just spend $19 in order to validate your right to criticise. Though they are awesome at what they do.

2) Since Chicago '9? I have been a die hard Bobby fan. The DSO guy is better. If you wanna bitch about that statement, see comment number 1.

3) Did Dr. Hux break up?!? For real?

Archived