Jambands.ca

Is Derek Trucks Band worth seeing?

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

They are playing in London tomorrow night, and I'm tempted to go, however I need that extra endorsement to make sure it's worth my while.

Guest Low Roller

It's a logistical pain in the ass to get to London, and then to the venue, but I'm very tempted at this point to go...

I can't speak to your logistical difficulties, Roller, but I think this is a rare chance (for you, in England) to see DTB in what I guess is a club. (I probably wouldn't travel the same amount [e.g., Ottawa to Toronto] to see him in a club, but he plays over here a lot more, so I figure I'll have more chances to see him in the future.)

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

edit:

shit. I've been offered tickets for Clapton tonight, featuring Derek Trucks!!! Same logistical nightmare...

Guest Low Roller

Well I've already seen DT live (yes. Kick ass.), but it's monetarily and logistically inconvenient...

Would you spend the equivalent of $100CDN and two hours travel time each way on Derek Trucks?

Well, if DTB was playing in, say Kingston or Montreal (both a two-hour train ride from me), at a club or pub (or even a small theatre), and if I could get back the same night (to avoid a hotel bill and a day off work), yes, I would. (I'd also tape the show. :))

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller
Would you spend the equivalent of $100CDN and two hours travel time each way on Derek Trucks?

Instead of such high profile British twats like Rick Astley?

Instead of having money in my pocket

How is the inter-city public transit, Roller? I know that getting back to Ottawa from Kingston or Montreal after a show without a car is pretty much impossible (e.g., the last bus from Montreal to Ottawa leaves at midnight).

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller
yeah realistically you should go see Clapton and DT today, party straight through the night (you should be able to find a rave somewhere), sleep in a park during the day tomorrow and rock out again tomorrow night. one simple sick day and two trucks with one clapton

fuck.yes.

no. :P