Jambands.ca

ABB Friday - update

bouche

I'm so excited for everyone in TO tonight, and for all our Ottawa friends that have yet to have experienced the Allman's in concert.

Too bad we have to deal with this at that crapfest of a venue, but what the heck. I've seen them at Weedsport, NY State Fair and Exhibition Stadium. Those certainly werent great venues, and the Brothers beat my ass all night!

Allman's listening party at my place tonight.

That's real good news because I'm not able to leave work untill 5 o'clock on Friday for a change. What's up with that? I'll be really lucky if I make it downtown by 7:30 with pre-concert festivities and all.

Can somone tell me what the best thing to do about tickets would be. (For a guy coming from out of town). Where should I pick them up?

Guest Low Roller

SM: You can buy a day-pass at the ticket wicket by the main entrance on Elgin and Laurier. Member #666 huh? Sounds like the devil is coming to town!

I say we go there early set up a TON of chairs, mats, tarps, and habachis to save our spot, and once the show starts, just fold them up and give'er.

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

Oh yeah, now playing at the Bouchards:

An Evening With The Allman Brothers - Second Set

Sailin' 'Cross The Devil's Sea

TO is going to have a blast tonight!

I'd be there if it wasn't for my guitar lesson...

Less than 48 hours until the Allman's hit the stage at Bluesfest. Maybe we should go set up our lawn chairs? [Razz]

Hey Tigger. My absolute pleasure man. It's going to be so great having you here. By the way, I get off work tomorrow at 1:30. I work in the building you'll be staying at if you want to hook up at that time, I can show you Ottawa on Friday afternoon. Let me know, I'll leave my card in your suite. I can be up there in 1 minute! Drive safely. See you soon.

what time is the show?

7:45

are there still tickets?

Most likely

i may go (solo?)

Where are you coming from, Hamilton or sumphin? Personally, I would have went to TO instead (I think you are closer to that city), but if you are here anyways, do it. If you can, get a weekend pass for Bluesfest. There are some fantastic performers coming up, including Catphish's brothers band!

Guest Low Roller

It was there, and for the most part it worked. By the end of the show everybody was standing, but most of the show, the seated area was sitting down. The standing area was packed like sardines in a tin can.

It worked quite well, except I had a problem with the fact that 3/4 of the stage was for sitting, and standing only got 1/4 of the stage, which I thought was slightly skewed.

Guest Low Roller

Facing the stage, the left 3/4 of the stage was seated and the right side was standing.

I'm not sure what side Warren plays on.

quote:

Where are you coming from, Hamilton or sumphin? Personally, I would have went to TO instead (I think you are closer to that city), but if you are here anyways, do it. If you can, get a weekend pass for Bluesfest. There are some fantastic performers coming up, including Catphish's brothers band!

I desperately wanted to make it out to the Toronto show last night, but i have a 30 page final assignment due tonight at midnight, and i just finished it now....

So, it was impossible. also, i had night school last night, taboot!

BUT, this weekend i'm free. I'd like to check out the band at PJC, but i'd rather check out the allmans

Archived