Jambands.ca

CANADA DAY 06 ANNOUNCEMENT (Ticket Info)

Freeker

Once upon a time...in a Canadian backyard not too far from where most of you probably live today...something extraordinary took place...close to 400 people of many sizes, races, genders and blood alcohol levels came

together, for the soul purposes of consuming mass amounts of ice cold alcoholic beverages (18 kegs actually), dancing (and many falling) to a

variety of talented musical acts (5 bandsprecisely), playing mysterious games that involved little skill and heavy intoxication, working together to fill 3 sanitation units available to max capacity, and finally celebrating and singing harmoniously together, the anthem of our nation on it's birthday...you guessed it...Canada Day!!!!

Well gang, this was but a small reminiscence of the great party of Canada Day 2004, the July 1st which many say ranked highest in their

foggy, but fun filled party memories of years gone by ... Honestly who would have though it all possible? that we could pull it all off in such

mass proportions? Well ... maybe the late, great party planning sensation Chris Francis knew all along, but no one knows for sure.

However, one thing we are all sure of, is that this celebration wouldn't

have been possible without us being there to celebrate it together, well

ok, and it wouldn't have been half as fun without the 18 keggers and 5

bands...

And then came 2005 where we stepped it up a notch in every regard. 550 people, 24 kegs, 10 bands, catered food and a knockout punch heard round the world!

Well this is 2006 and we're all set to go again bigger and crazier than ever and you're all invited.

1) Beer (and lots of it) will be on hand. I'm hoping to aim once again

(depending on numbers) between 22-26 kegs (the big question is can we

maintain or even break last years record of 24?)... For those of you who

remember, the beer shed is usually professionally handled by the NFLD

Shea brothers and Terry Foley. As it stands, I've yet to ask for a

confirmation from these boys, This party needs you hell I need you, you know you love it and this year i've even got you some help. Pouring beer is easy.. if you like to drink foam, pouring beer correctly for 8 hours while getting

extremely intoxicated during the process is a skill for a master...So,

depending on availability, we may need some more 'experienced' help on

this one.

Again here will be wine and lots of it.

2) Our best friend at times, especially when we've got full bladders...

the big happy blue 'Johnny on the Spots' will be back for another Canada

Day appearance.. last year we set the record for coming as close to the

fill line as possible, while avoiding disaster.This year we're going to get a few extra to avoid those pesking lines and yes ladies your ports will outnumber the men .thanks to the many

people who braved the bushes behind the outhouses as a watering spot in

helping us avoid that inevitable overflow...Anyway this year we'll be

sure to provide a proper correlation between the amount of beer consumed

and the amount of Johnnys needed...paper tickets included!

3) Munchies - Last year local sandwichs masters Dirienzos provided us with a great taste option and cheap too, hope everyone thought this worked well and I was planning on asking them back to feed our drunken souls. Food is especially important come mid afternoon where all that's floating in your stomach is 8+ cups of bubbly draft and these sandwichs are great for absorbing some of that liver damage. The idea of getting a chip wagon to park here for the day has also been discussed, I would love to hear any feed back from last year of what people thought about the food...And yes of course there will be tons of free water all over he place for mass consuption.

4) Entertainment and Games!! Though the boxing match was awesome it was too much prep for too short of fun so this year we've one area we've been doing a lot of brainstorming on, and to say the least, we've come up with an exciting

new array of whacky ideas.. while as usual we try to keep them secret until party time I can tell you that the words "Dunk Tank" have been tossed around. Anyone got any other cool ideas I would love to hear them.

Santa Clause's Magical Chill Zone will be back once again for another Canada Day adventure that will once again blow your minds... the old man

is making an early trip back from the North Pole just for this party, so be sure to pay him a visit and 'spark' up a conversation. Expect the chillzone to be totally redesigned for maximum comfort, you'll never want to leave.

As well, we'll welcome back the typical no brainer, half bagged games such as beach ball basketball, frisbee ,hoop toss, midget toss. There'll be a bunch of backyard games on the go to keep your minds occupied and bodies busy.

5) Music - a must have and again the heart of this year's party. We're rolling out once again some of the best and brightest acts around for

Canada Day 2006. A formal list is being prepared with many acts that will be sure to tantalize the entire spectrum of our musical taste buds. Liked a band last year? Let me know and I will try and get them back.

Ok, in the spirit of the Chris Francis and Jason Pottie (who i hope will be back in time for the big day) run on e-mail marathon, I've managed to lay most the big news down for the time being...needless to say you'll see a few more of these e-mails with detailed information as

party time approaches..... The real important news from here on in is...Crickets...er Tickets..Once again, we're going to be selling tickets

ahead of time so we can get the best idea of how many people to expect

for this event. Last year we had almost 600 people all told and since we seem to grow every year the idea is this year to have almost no door sales whatsoever, that way no more door stress and confusion and we can just lock 'er down with 600 of our closest friends and get down to gettin' down. Tickets price is going to get raised this year $20 in advanced and $25 at the door(which hopefully won't be many if any). I apoligize for the increase but its only 5 bucks and that will get us a couple more portapotties which i think we can all agree is a good idea. I encourage everyone to BUY YOUR TICKETS EARLY OR MAKE ARRANGEMENTS. If you plan on coming could you please email CanadaDayBash2006@hotmail.com and leave a message with your full name and the names of others that are coming with you, this will help us build a master list of names which helps to plan the BEER!!. We will be printing tickets soon and I will elt you know as soon as they're ready. So basically, we'll give you a numbered/printed ticket that you bring

with you to the party, and we'll cash it in for a bracelet on Canada

Day. With that you get all the booze / music and fun you can handle.

If anyone has any important questions.. feel free to e-mail me back at ts.turner@gmail.com. ...as well forward this along to anyone I missed, or whose e-mail has changed from last year!!

More info and lineup coming soon

Edited by Guest

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOuche could you sticky this at the top?

And anyone who has saved the orginal email list from Pottie that was sent out last year containing all the names of the people we don't know. Could you forward it to me. Pottie is lost in Laos and unavailable to get it to me.

2) Our best friend at times, especially when we've got full bladders...

the big happy blue 'Johnny on the Spots' will be back for another Canada

Day appearance.. last year we set the record for coming as close to the

fill line as possible, while avoiding disaster.This year we're going to get a few extra to avoid those pesking lines and yes ladies your ports will outnumber the men.

Why bother? The ladies always sneak into our lineup anyway!! }:(:P

bullmoose! again!!

they were a great finale last year!

"santa's magical chill zone"... HAHAHAHAHA!! looking forward to this great party!!

afropoppa- have you ever been to O-town on Canada Day? its great fun!

Ottawa is also pretty much on the way from the GTA to SPAC for those going to the phil/trey show the next day....

(Moved from the Canada Day Spades topic.)

"a tent with a staffed table and check-in/-out tickets, maybe?"

Just for the gear?

You my friend are a full time dreamer! :)

I just remember the craziness last year, with every band's gear in the kitchen, which we weren't supposed to be in at all. Since nobody's allowed in the house, and there really isn't a "backstage" area, and there really isn't any parking space, providing a designated space for gear would be a good thing.

Aloha,

Brad

lol good thing.

All i remember is the guy that lived in that house last year saying. "I came outta my house and all i saw was dong everywhere"

Brad i think I'll try and clear out the living room a bit more so that the bands can still store gear inside, outside is to risky with rain, but no one besides the bands should be in the house and only then they should be there is they're are getting ready or dropping off. The party is outside why be inside.