NXNE SHOWCASE WEEKEND

JSB: THE JIMMY SWIFT BAND

www.thejimmyswiftband.com

www.myspace.com/tjsb

w/ THE REASON, HONEY TUPELO and more

12:00AM

LEE'S PALACE

TORONTO, ON

HEADLINING "THE AGENCY GROUP's" NXNE SHOWCASE NIGHT, JSB is poised to take the industry by storm with their new sound and upcomming album. Forging their own path in Canadian Music for the past six years. During this time their energetic and improvisational live show has helped the band develop a cult like following throughout the country. They have performed 200 + shows a year for the past three years - selling out venues and packing dance floors across North America. The JSB sound is so original that critics and fans have come up with a new genre to define it - Rocktronica.

[/blurb]

Coming out of Halifax, Nova Scotia, JSB consists of Craig Mercer on guitar, vocals, and effects, Aaron Collier on keyboards and effects, Mike MacDougall on bass, and Nick Wombolt on drums. Each member brings their own strengths to a powerful sound which is greater than the sum of its parts. Their influences range from Daft Punk to Pink Floyd to Guns and Roses, and they meld aspects of these sounds together to create their original Rocktronica.

JSB are currently completing the recording of their third studio album, scheduled for release in May of 2006. "I feel like we have captured the energy of our live show on record for the first time", says Mercer. "I was unsure that we could get the feeling of hearing the band live across in a studio setting, but i think we have done it with this album. I am looking forward to getting back on the road and sharing it with our fans."

JSB begin an extensive Canada / US tour and in July they will release their new album. For updated tour information, check out www.thejimmyswiftband.com

OTHER TOUR DATES:

Jun 2 2006 The Salt Lounge - London, ON

Jun 4 2006 Twisters - Chatham ON

Jun 6 2006 The Harb - Owen Sound

Jun 7 2006 Petite Cafe Campus - Montreal, QC

Jun 8 2006 Trasheteria - Peterborough, ON

Jun 9 2006 Vinyl - Guelph, On

Jun 10 2006 Lee's Palace - NXNE SHOWCASE

Jun 17 2006 The Attic - Halifax, NS

Jul 1 2006 Hamilton, Bermuda

Jul 21 2006 The World Electronic Music Festival

Jul 28 2006 The Knitting Factory - New York, NY

Jul 29 2006 Ottofest - Bufffalo, New York

Aug 5 2006 Evolve Festival - Antigonish, NS

from www.leespalace.com ...

Saturday June 10: NxNE Agency Group Presents

‘Aberdeen City’ @ 1:00. ‘THE JIMMY SWIFT BAND’ @ 12:00, ‘Reason Dissapears’ @ 11:00, ‘Rocketface’ @ 10:00, ‘Tupelo Honey’ @ 9:00 and ‘Army of Me’@ 8:00. 7:00 Doors. $10.00 at the door. Limited Entry to NXNE Badge n Wristband Holders