Jay Funk Dawg

263186-375x375.jpg

www.nufunk.ca presents...

BOOTY JUICE (BOSTON, MASS.)

www.bootyjuicefunk.com

w/ special guests

Friday, June 16th

THE HOOCH (upstairs of Gypsy Co-op)

BOOTYJUICE was first formed in 1999, comprised of then students of the New England Conservatory in Boston, MA.

BJ achieves a funky fusion of dance rhythms, jazz & rock, resulting in a unique, awesome sound.

A 5-piece ensemble, BOOTYJUICE does "indeed kick ass" (jam-bands.com). Rocking everything from dance parties to clubs, colleges to festivals, BJ has tainted venues from Colorado to Nova Scotia.

BOOTYJUICE originates from the sounds of early African rhythms and evolves into the modern rocking sounds you must experience first hand...

HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER

www.myspace.com/highplainsdrifting

High Plains Drifter is a rootsy funk-rock and world beat ensemble, whose dynamic live performances are captivating audiences across Canada. Like imagery evoked by the mysterious quality of a traveling vagabond, High Plains Drifter is a collective of musicians traveling town to town bringing the energy of celebration to audiences everywhere. Leaning towards original roots, jazz, funk and world music, High Plains Drifter is a groove force that keeps dancehalls packed and bodies in constant motion. High Plains Drifter draws inspiration from artists as diverse as James Brown, Herbie Hancock and Jimmy Buffet. The group, known for their unpredictable stage show, has enjoyed collaborations with a number of Canadian musicians including members of The Jimmy Swift Band, Slowcoaster, Wassabi Collective, The Chameleon Project & Slammin' Jack as well as young horn players, percussionists and turn-tablists.

Edited by Guest

Hey Jaydawg, I could have sworn I saw you at the Stu Copleland Press Conference........wasn't 100% but you tell me.......

Would like to be in......but I'm going to montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon..Yipee Cayo Cay Eh Eh Ehhhh!

Edited by Guest

BAD NEWS GUYS! BOOTYJUICE HAD TO CANCEL (a second time#@$!)

so now the show is free.. High Plains Drifter is going to play all night, lots of improv!

I'm very sorry folks, Bootyjuice had the proper border documentation, but their van broke down and they've been towed to OHIO... I hope that they can still make dates on their tour, I'm hoping to see them next week at SUNSEEKERS.

so sorry to all, free cover and show by High Plains Drifter will hopefully make up for it.