Jambands.ca

Jimmy Swift Band in Guelph

afro poppa

I'm really pumped about this show. There's a write up in the Echo tomorrow I wrote about them. A lot of locals I know are going. Some hotties I suspect if I have anything to do with it. Had a good chat with Mercer the other night fof the article and just shooting the shit a bit. It really seems like they may just make it big and sooner rather than later. They really deserve it.

Hot Damn! now THAT was a show!!

The Mighty Swift tore the roof of the place! Good crowd, awesome sound (LOUD BABY WHOO!) there was almost a dance battle between boko/baldonon and afropoppa but no dice ;)

The boys looked really happy... especially after the "foam cannon" and what Mike now calls "The new worst gig we've ever played"

I've got pics, but most of the frames are taken up by some giant afro :P

I always say the most recent JSB show is their best yet but this time it might actually be true. This was like the 'fuck our agent' monster truck demolition derby bust up of a show. Mike had his whole rig set up, Aaron was coaxing everything out of his gear including farm noises, Nick was just propelling the whole thing like one of those plastic submarines you used to get in cereal and you put the baking soda in and it would putter around (Nick was the baking soda), and Craig was just a fucking monster, full on heads down laying away into the amp type stuff. Really really heavy, really angry, real fugging loud. LOUD.

And as a bonus treat I got like no sleep and then cooked breakfast (including AfroPoppa, his friend Alyse I believe and I forget the other dudes name) for 8 hours as of 7 am.