Jambands.ca

Roll Call - ABB @ Bluesfest

ollie

Everyone should go get a 19.99 rainsuit at Big Bud's and then $11 rubber boots at Canadian Tire.

You won't even notice the rain, and that outfit will be great for any outdoor fest or concert.

We were kind of thinking that if it rains (hopefully not too hard) that the lawn chair freaks won't turn out. Just be prepared, and it'll be a blast!

(((((((((((((((( IN ))))))))))))))))))))

looking forward to that awesome projection/liquid light show again, and hopefully an entirely different set than the TO gig.

Although, earthfreak and I both said this morning that we'd love to hear "woman across the river" again...they tore it up on that tune in the big smoke:)

see y'all tonight.

Velvet, Bouche stole it from your closet for me when he was in there picking out a Hawaiin shirt for himself. You're right, it does look better on you.

I'll e-mail you my phone number, why don't you join us for the BBQ with Tungsten? I think we'll be there from around 4:00 until we head to the show.

Tigger and deb are with Ms. Hux right now. They're off for a quick tour of the parliament.

I just saw them off up on Kent St. and Tigger was singin' "People can you feel it...love is everywhere".

Damn, this is gonna be fun.

Bones, I'll walk around goin' "Bones...Bones....Bones"

I'll probably be in the photo pit right before the show....getting ready for some pics. I may be wearing a [color:"yellow"]yellow rain suit.

I just took a walk down to the venue. It was totally open so I was able to walk in front of the stage, etc. They are already setup!! Anyway, the infamous barricade appears to be in the middle of the stage, stretching out maybe 50 feet. I think the left side is for lawnchairs, right side for standers and then beyond the barricade to the back of the lawn is a free-for-all. All in all it doesn't look like a bad compromise. I still wanna get there for door time though.

Bouche, what's the photo pit?

i was also blown away by spearhead last night. i had never heard any of their music before..... I'll be at the ABB tonight...is there a sanctuary meeting place? i've been lazy in hooking up with sanctuary folks (i met some of you at the new deal show at babylon over a year ago)....

(and take it easy on those lawnchair folks - as long as they have a section for both standing and chairs that's cool..i like to bring my chair as my older legs get tired..it'll stay at home for tonight though)

Layla encore in toronto - cool! whipping post was one the printed set list.

Gonna be a hard rain - you can hear it in the distance, sounds so near

Gonna be a hard rain - you can hear it in the distance, sounds so near

People, when the rain comes, it's gonna wash us all away from here

It's coming down hard! I hope we get a Soulshine!

yeah Ollie,

We're putting up some photos and writings of Bluesfest shortly. I shot Ben Harper, New Deal, and Gord Downie (for shits and giggles). Hopefully tonight I'll do fine with the ABB show and get some from MMW.

Here's a couple of samples...

-

-

-

I'm pretty pumped for this show. I've loved the Alllmans for years but have yet to see them. After Spearhead blew me away last night i'm ready for another dose of great music. I'm gonna start the party at 4:20 so if anyone needs to get a hold of me, I'ld recommend doing it before then. 722-4115.

Archived