Jambands.ca

JSB ROCKED CHERRY BEACH!

Jay Funk Dawg

this sunday June 11th

promise cherry beach sunday afternoon soundsystem

After much talk, rumour, questions and eagerness about when the Cherry Beach afternoons will be starting, we are happy to announce that the opening is this weekend. We can’t believe that this will be the fifth year running for these events, and it seems like they’ve become a happy regular feature of our city’s summers. It’s something that makes Toronto unique for a lot of people, and we’re proud to be able to bring them alive.

Bring a frisbee, bring a kite, bring a handy sweater, bring a dog (only nice dogs), bring your lover and a hammock. And pass the time on this lazy sunny sunday afternoon with friends and friends of friends.

3 to 11pm sundays, or mondays on long weekends, all summer - east end of the park, in from the water.

3pm Nate – dub and beats with conga

4.30 Munik – live band jam

5.30 Rollin Cash – chill birthday breaks

6.30 Jimmy Swift Band from Nova Scotia - live jam

7.30 Chocolate – dancehall and reggae

8.30 Hali – sunset house and Detroit funk

9.30 Tim Patrick – house and techno

Directions to Cherry Beach: Take Lakeshore Blvd east of downtown just past Parliament. Turn south down Cherry Street all the way to the end, then go east into the parking lot on your left. At the furthest east of the lot walk along the bike path and turn left up the trail into the woods... you'll hear music. If you end up at the lake, you're going the wrong way.

Biking to Cherry Beach is easy along the paths beside the lake, a new bus route from Union Station goes down there too.

Things to think about: Please bring only what you plan to take back out with you - leave no trace. Pack something warm (it gets cool after dark by the lake) and something to sit on and also something to keep sun off your head. Drink lots of water. Bring something to share.

And remember while down at the beach to take care of your friends, your neighbours, and what's going on around you. It's what makes sundays at Cherry Beach happen smoothly.

If the weather turns grey the day of, call 416 323 0361 for the contingency plan.

See you sunday!

cherry.jpg

The band at 7 PM was Halifax's THE JIMMY SWIFT BAND or JSB for short

here's a quick photo I took, hopefully more photos will show up in this thread, as there was some great photographers to document the wild jams.

Photo635.jpg

THE JIMMY SWIFT BAND

www.thejimmyswiftband.com

www.myspace.com/tjsb

Hot off a 3 week tour of Central Canada, Halifax's The Jimmy Swift Band rocked Ontario by headlining the Come Together Music Festival, performing as the secret band at the Make it Funky Party on June 3rd w/ Greg J, Phat Conductor & The Dukes @ The El Mocambo, was a highlight of the NXNE Conference; headlining the Agency Group's showcase night at LEE's Palace, to boot they wowed audiences at Promise's Cherry Beach party yesterday. This summer will be quite busy for the quartet who are playing alongside Broken Social Scene and Goldie at WEMF www.wemf.com , headlining the Evolve Festival in Nova Scotia www.evolvefestival.com w/ DJ Sneak, Antibalas, k-os and DJ Dan and JSB will also be dropping their 3 studio album this summer tentatively called "..and we milked it for all it was worth"

Check out their myspace page and the instrumental tunes Astronauts and 80's Runway Model, two songs they performed yesterday. www.myspace.com/tjsb

JSB will be back in Ontario late July, I'll post info here asap. The Jimmy Swift Band would like to thank everyone who has supported them on this tour! Please email me if you would like to see more JSB in Toronto...

Jay

jay@evovlefestival.com

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

Thanks Jaydawg.... found a nice picture of my wife and son. http://www.tribemagazine.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/1303/

JSB really surprised me and made me want more, however I was there for Chocolate and she didn't dissapoint... sweet sweet reggae.

Just what I needed on a lazy Sunday to get me through Monday.