The Beatles (20)

Mariah Carey (17) (tie)

Elvis Presley (17) (tie)

Michael Jackson (13)

The Supremes (12) (tie)

Madonna (12) (tie)

Whitney Houston (11)

http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-hot-100-u-s-chart-achievements-and-trivia

It's possible that maybe he is the country artist with the most number one hits, though.

And now, to answer myself:

"Unwound" was his first single and his first Top Ten hit. This was followed by "Down and Out" and then a whole series of #1 singles, beginning with "Fool Hearted Memory" in 1982 (see 1982 in country music). He was one of the best-selling country singers of the 1980s, and one of the few from that decade who survived the influx of pop-country singers like Garth Brooks in the early 1990s. As of April 2006, Strait has had 40 #1 country singles on the Billboard Chart. Including Radio and Records Chart, Strait has a total of 52 #1 songs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Strait

So your mom is kind of right, after all.

George Strait has had more number one hit singles than any other artist

can anyone confirm or deny this rumour?

yup. Most #1 country hits ever!

I am soooooooo excited to see George for the first time.

Only problem is I don't own a pair of Wranglers :(

Oh well...i've got some sweet cowboy shirts to choose from!

SL-06-7-JK.jpg

holy moly

George opened with my fave song of his last night!

There was the upbeat Honk if You Honky Tonk opener

and I just learned, thanks to following some links in Wiki the origin of thw phrase "Honky Tonk"......

The Oxford English Dictionary states that the origin of the word honky tonk is unknown. According to one theory of the origin of the phrase, "Tonks" were originally specifically African American institutions; similar establishments that catered to Whites acquired the name Honky Tonk, from the slang honky, referring to a white person. As there are multiple examples of oral history and writings by African Americans born in the 19th century referring to African American establishments as "honkey tonks" or "honk-a-tonks", some historic linguists dispute this suggested derivation.

The "tonk" portion of the name may well have come from a brand name of piano. One American manufacturer of a large upright pianos was the firm of William Tonk & Bros. (established 1881) made a piano with the decal "Ernest A. Tonk". These upright grand pianos were made in Chicago and New York and were called Tonk pianos. Some found their way to Tin Pan Alley and may have given rise to the expression of "honky tonk bars".

enjoy yourself tonight Cowboy...you can always hit up a Value Village for those missing accessories, ya know!

that's right folks

the moment we have ALL been waiting for!

George Strait is finally going to perform here in Toronto

tomorrow night..who's in?

Bokomom?

Ottawa is TONIGHT

Actually, you will see my Mom there. She looks just like me but fifty-five, and still hot as hell!

I went to see Garth Brooks one time. It was a great time. When I used to live in Medicine Hat AB, I used to go to the country bars and try to learn how to 2 step. I usually ended up falling over drunk and dizzy. What a blast, but never again. Definatley a been there tried that already.