Jambands.ca

tipping

SaggyBalls

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then they should charge more for the 'food' they're selling, like other businesses do. If you knocked twenty cents off of everything in the grocery store they wouldn't be very profitable and you'd have to start tipping your cashier 'cuz the store owners wouldn't be able to afford to pay them enough. Sounds like a silly system, no?

yup, and speaking of food prices, how many times have you looked at your food and wondered why it was sooooo expensive? There are some restaurants (like the one in the minto building) that charge $13.50 for a tuna sandwich. And you STILL gotta tip?

I think our unwritten tipping rules in these parts are rediculous.

If I do a really good job on a website, I don't expect, nor will I ever recieve a 15% tip. And many other jobs are the same.

I understand that servers don't make a very high hourly rate. But why is job public expected to supplement that income? Somewhere along the line someone decided that they can pay servers shit, and the customers can make up the difference. That just seems ludicrous to me...

I always tip at least 15% at restaurants. But I still don't like it... And my barber gets a buck...

Tipping - what a strange custom... I see nothing wrong with tipping someone who's really done a good job for you. But the expectation of a mandatory 15% ain't right.