Jambands.ca

Toronto: V Festival, September 9, 10. oh yeah.

karatespacetiger

Not sure if anyone posted about this yet, but Virgin Music's havin a festival on the Island. Here's a link to a Globe and Mail article about it: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060630.wbrans30/BNStory/Entertainment/

Just bought a ticket off the Futureshop website - about $100 for the two days, and it says there are 40 left... although I think they go on sale through regular outlets soon as well.

The bands include:

Flaming Lips

Massive Attack

Gnarls Barkley

Alexisonfire

The Hidden Cameras

The Dears

Starsailor

The Raconteurs

Sam Roberts

Wolfmother

Thrice

Zero 7

K'Naan

We are Wolves

Jose Gonzalez

huh??

Sorry, was just trying to be neighbourly and pass on news I thought that people here might be interested in, i.e. an outdoor concert in Toronto that includes the Flaming Lips.

The posting is anonymous because I'm not interested in the social thing this board seems to have going on, just music.

I saw the Broken Social Scene do their thing on the Toronto Island a couple of weekends ago and had a great time there.

I absolutely love the Flaming Lips and some of the other acts interest me (the Raconteurs, Massive Attack, Buck 65), anybody on here think they will be hitting up one or both of the days of this Virgin Festival?

At this moment there is a presale via the edge and you can also buy tickets through Future Shop www.vfestival.ca

Tim