Jambands.ca

Bank card fraud

CyberHippie

Be careful around atm's these days... Not sure how it happened but somehow someone cloned a copy of our bank card and went on a little spending spree this past weekend and drained our account.

The bank just credited our account today. So all's well that ends well I guess... But man what a shocker! }:(

What bothers me the most about it is that I have no idea how they did it. Crazy high-tech fraud, we are living in the times of science fiction...

yup this seems to be happening more and more frequently. one little tip is that if you're asked to swipe twice it's a suspect scene.

also i don't trust those "independant" little ATMs you find in convenience stores and gas stations and bars amd shit

I lost $700 in an ATM in France a while ago, took a couple of months to get the cash back, and it cut my trip short. that sucked.

It's happening like crazy right now. I try to always use the ATM at the bank and take out enough cash to keep me going for awhile. I hardly ever use debit...credit if I don't have the cash and then pay it off.

Cover that pin pad like it's your junk flappin' in the wind. Never let someone swipe for you and never, ever swipe twice.