Jambands.ca

DRIVE BY TRUCKERS hit Hamilton!!!

whiteymuseum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i grabbed some tickets for this show yesterday at dr disc and was really surprised by all the other shows the underground was hosting. brodie you've got some great music going through there in sept! I also picked up a ticket to the Holy Fuck show on the 14th.

Anyone in need of some crash space is welcome here. I'm sure there'll be a rager of one form or another goin on here afterwards anyway.

Well, now that you mention it, that would be most appreciated. Any chance you can hold me one ticket until I can get by and pick it up? Can I pick it up at the Casbah from you?

Affirmative. Just give me an email to heads me up on the day you choose to swing by for pick up. New baby in the world for me and my wife, so we aren't at the club during shows nearly as much.

i grabbed some tickets for this show yesterday at dr disc and was really surprised by all the other shows the underground was hosting. brodie you've got some great music going through there in sept! I also picked up a ticket to the Holy Fuck show on the 14th.

Alexis, thanks for the words!

That Holy Fuck, Shout Out Out Out Out show is going to be fantastic. There is a new band opening the show up called LAND OF TALK. They are on the Depedent Music Label (home to Wintersleep, Jill Barber etc). I'm excited for them too.

Hey Brodie, (its Greg aka Esau)

I know the Truckers are cool with video recording, but is the underground cool with it? I was able to procure a nice digital recorder and would love to record this one. I would have a tri-pod and would make sure not to interfere with other people (ie: I wouldn't be walking around with it). Probally just need a vantage point where I could have the recorder above peoples heads, if you know what I mean.

I'm hoping to make it down this week for my ticket also, might be during the weekend though, am I pushing things if I waited until closer to the weekend or should I get my ass down there ASAP?

I'll make sure to bring down a copy of the best of the four shows I have on DVD for you also if your interested. Also congratulations is in order I see. Way to go dad. :thumbup:

Greg you are so kind. I'd love to see the material you have recorded for the Truckers.

The Undie is cool with any sort of recording method. The soundmen that work the room are the same crew that do Casbah gigs. I know exactly where you are gonna want to record from.

Tickets are selling solidly, but not immensely yet. It'll pick up once the students are back in town imho.

Greg you are so kind. I'd love to see the material you have recorded for the Truckers.

Oh, not shows I personally recorded actually, but shows other folks have recorded from Kansas and Illinois for example. I'd really like to get their first show in Hamilton, as well, my first DBT show recorded. Not to mention, I've only ever recorded audio live music in the past & am interested in trying a video.

I'll be down during the week to grab my ticket, no sense in waiting to long I guess. Again, great job getting these guys. I am really pumped for this show.

Cheers

Congratulations Broadie!!!

I'm super excited for this show. To be honest, I haven't been looking this forward to a show in quite a while. It's also been a little while since I've been to the Underground and I've always enjoyed the sound in that place.

What kind of beer are you serving in there these days? The Cognac sounds like a good finisher but I'll probably lay a base of a few beers.

Congratulations Broadie!!!

What kind of beer are you serving in there these days? The Cognac sounds like a good finisher but I'll probably lay a base of a few beers.

"The Undie" as the regulars call it serve up the typical rock and roll bottled brew.

Keith's, Stella, Labatt 50, Molson Stock Ale, Heineken, Beck's, Bud and Corona. No taps in the subterranean club. But an owner that likes to pour free shots when cool folks linger by the bar.

Molson Stock Ale

E-gad! I don't think I've ever met anyone who willingly drank that stuff*, let alone been in a bar that served it.

Aloha,

Brad

* Except for a case a couple of buddies and I bought back in university, largely because we needed bottles without twist-tops that we could re-use for homebrew...the homebrew was better than the Stock...

• 2 weeks later...