Jambands.ca

Yummy Ottawa Restaurants?

LJFH

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whether you'd consider their prices reasonable*, but The Black Tomato (in the courtyard of the Byward Market) is probably my favourite Ottawa restaurant. The menu has a really good mix of different cuisines, and their beer/wine selection is great.

Aloha,

Brad

* When I go there, I usually end up spending about $45-$50 on myself, which includes appetizer, beer, entree, wine, coffee, tax, and tip.

Edited by Guest

one of my favourites is the Eclectic Noodle at 287-B Somerset East in Sandy Hill. Pasta-y and a good wine list.

Feleena's in the Glebe (Bank and Second) has the best Mexican around. (Pancho is a very close second, they have the best Guac).

Best club sandwich is at Irene's.

Best bagel sandwiches are at Kettleman's.

AD

Feleena's in the Glebe (Bank and Second) has the best Mexican around. (Pancho is a very close second, they have the best Guac).

AD

Hmmmm....The only mexican place I've eaten at in Ottawa was "AHORA" on Dalhousie. It's pretty good. Is Feleena's authentic or the crap Mexicali Rosas serves?

hey jodes - feleena's is actually run by the same people as mexicali rosa's. i imagine they just gave it a fancier name cause it's in the glebe. we ate there not long ago; i prefer pancho's. but - ahora may be better yet [wasn't that our first date? :)].

ooo!!!!!

also - my FAVOURITE restaurant so far in ottawa is CEYLONTA'S.

it's on somerset, just around the corner from here. sri lankan food - lots of yummy, amazing curries. just thinking about it... despite my broke-ness, we may have to hit that place up sooooooon.

the vegetable thali is TO DIE FOR. i just drooled.

Azteca in the market is a pretty authentic mexican experience and DAMN delicious!

Another decent mexican place is on Wellington' date=' near Lauzon's, but I cannot remember the name.[/quote']

Agave Grill.

I had a good meal here recently.

On the other hand, I can no longer recommend Black Thorn Cafe. Prices keep going up, quality has suffered.

For all you gringo's saying "authentic Mexican experience" or something similar, I have a question. When was the last time you were in Mexico?

90 Curtis Cr was hellluva lot closer to the Mexican experience than what you people are talking about. Although, I must say thanks.

You have reminded me to be on the lookout for this Mitch Hedberg movie:

Los Enchiladas!