Jambands.ca

Yummy Ottawa Restaurants?

LJFH

Azteca in the market is a pretty authentic mexican experience and DAMN delicious!

Another decent mexican place is on Wellington' date=' near Lauzon's, but I cannot remember the name.[/quote']

Agave Grill.

Didnt like 15 of us eat there one time, with 13 of us ending up having a dismal experience?

So dismal, in fact, I believe it made Stapes surly...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might seem odd to recommend a chain restaurant but the once place I've had consistently good meals over the past year is Milestones, located at the old Daly building. And the prices aren't that much more than you'd pay at a place like Kelsey's or Montana's.

I always enjoy eating at Horn of Africa on Rideau. It's yummy and super duper cheap. Even with wine it's still a bargain.

Carribean Flavors on Somerset is really good as well. They have all sorts of heat levels. If you ask for the hottest, the chef will come out to size you up. Great rotis and chutneys. Just don't be in a hurry if you go there, they run on island time.

For diner fare and the yummiest dang hamburgers in the city (save room for the homemade pies) try Mellos on Dalhousie. Cheap and delish. Great service as well. I may have to drink myself into a stuper again just to go there (we only go there with major hangovers).

Those are my favorite cheap places that haven't already been listed. I have A LOT of favorite fine dining places.

ISTR having a pizza with smoked salmon on it at a little place on (the West side of) Preston, which was actually below street level, so that if you sat on the patio, your eye level was even with the feet of people on the sidewalk. Was that (the old location of) La Favorita?

Aloha,

Brad